• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Teja.

Global Moderator
Okay, was wondering if I was forgetting someone.

From watching the '98 attitude era PPVs, Is HHH/Rock the greatest IC title feud of all time? The 30 minute 2/3 falls match and the ladder match at Summerslam '98 were both genuinely outstanding matches and the WWF was obviously letting them put on great matches as they were already perceived as near future main eventers.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It was good. But not close to the best ic feud IMO

Off the top of my head

Savage-Steamboat
Razor-HBK
Jericho-Rey

Were better

Don't get me wrong though. Rock-HHH is one of the great feuds but they surpassed their IC stuff when they both moved up the card together

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Off the top of my head

Savage-Steamboat
Razor-HBK
Jericho-Rey

Were better

Don't get me wrong though. Rock-HHH is one of the great feuds but they surpassed their IC stuff when they both moved up the card together
Glad you mentioned Jericho-Rey... the entire series was awesome. Savage-Steamboat probably the best feud overall though.

Was Bulldog vs bret a proper feud? I remember their match at Summerslam 92 which was a classic but did they have any other good ones?

Teja.

Global Moderator

Off the top of my head

Savage-Steamboat
Razor-HBK
Jericho-Rey

Were better

Yeah, cheers. Guess the combination of the both of them leading factions, having a huge personal rivalry bigger than the title itself and me knowing that they would later make it as among the best makes it a very enjoyable feud to watch. HHH was so, so good in-ring as well. Special.

I think I've seen a few better IC matches but none of them made me feel the IC belt was as significant as HHH/Rock did. Savage/Steamboat was way before my time and I've only seen the WM ladder match between Razor/HBK which was obviously ridiculous.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Off the top of my head

Savage-Steamboat
Razor-HBK
Jericho-Rey

Were better

Jericho/Benoit imo.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Probably its predecessor but generally we just get left to it in here.

I've only seen wrestling flamed on CW outside of this thread

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wouldn't be surprised if an Indian poster came in here and said somehing to the effect of "it's fake hurrdurr how can you watch it".

Kayfabe was very much alive in India up until recently, and still is for many people. But those who've only now realised that many of their childhood memories were scripted hate the WWE with a passion. Get it from so many of my friends.

andmark

International Captain
Wouldn't be surprised if an Indian poster came in here and said somehing to the effect of "it's fake hurrdurr how can you watch it".

Kayfabe was very much alive in India up until recently, and still is for many people. But those who've only now realised that many of their childhood memories were scripted hate the WWE with a passion. Get it from so many of my friends.
I don't get how people would think HBK "tuning up the band" and proceeding to kick his opponent would be real haha.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Absolute belter from Owen and Neville on NXT

Late to the party but firmly on the NXT bandwagon now

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Best ic title feud is warrior vs rude ya ****s. Rude even had the title painted on his tights. Wag

Last edited:

andmark

International Captain
Absolute belter from Owen and Neville on NXT

Late to the party but firmly on the NXT bandwagon now
I fear it was Neville's last match there. His performance contained so many of his rarely used moves (e.g the reverse hurricanrana) and stuff no one, possibly in the whole world, had seen e.g the 450 splash off the apron, that it feels like a farewell. If so, he's been one of the best performers in NXT. I suspect NXT would've got big off Zayn alone, but Neville has certainly been one of the bedrocks of NXT and he'll be noticeably missed. Top career from Neville in NXT and if my impression is correct, I hope he does well on the main roster.

Forgive me if I sound like a Sachin fanboy with NXT by the way, it's just that I've been following it since Rollins was the "up and comer" there and so I probably feel the same way as the locals there haha.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I did watch it when it started in its old format, with Wade, Bryan etc. It got **** very quickly after the first bunch (though the women's series has astounding commentary) and as my contemporary wrestling viewing reduced for a while I never really got onto what it had become for a while.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Best ic title feud is warrior vs rude ya ****s. Rude even had the title painted on his tights. Wag
This is Sledger in cricket chat type stuff. Behave yourself

To follow from Jono, Warrior vs Hogan maybe?
They never really feuded per se and although the ic belt was on the line at WM6 it was all about the big one

Hogan is such a **** btw

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was Cena actually fired and then came back the same night? What's the story behind that?

edit: I mean the back story?

Last edited: