• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adrian Chiles brings you the coverage complaints thread

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Murphy was abysmal tonight. Criticising the Costa Rica coach for his subs when he clearly has ****-all idea who any of the players are.

He even wheeled out the "and some teams STILL don't put men on the posts!" tonight. As if it's just something managers haven't yet thought of.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'd actually like to see a proper study done on men on the posts. I'm not actually convinced it's the optimal strategy for defending corners.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Murphy was abysmal tonight. Criticising the Costa Rica coach for his subs when he clearly has ****-all idea who any of the players are.

He even wheeled out the "and some teams STILL don't put men on the posts!" tonight. As if it's just something managers haven't yet thought of.
The posts thing is painful. Terrible to listen to pundits criticise sides like Athletico at corners for not putting men at the post. Do they think think those two players just come out of nowhere and there's no opportunity cost to it?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
What was with Alan Shearer repeatedly saying how great Muller's goal from the corner was? Seemed to me to be a very basic corner routine that Brazil totally fouled up defending.

But no, wonderfully worked attacking move apparently.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
What was with Alan Shearer repeatedly saying how great Muller's goal from the corner was? Seemed to me to be a very basic corner routine that Brazil totally fouled up defending.

But no, wonderfully worked attacking move apparently.
Klose screening Müller was pretty smartly worked to be fair.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah, but come on, it was a well-drilled corner routine. It worked well, but it was nothing remarkable, Brazil just made a massive hash of it.
Well yeah, but judging by his performance as Newcastle manager and as a pundit, 'kick the ball in the goal' is about as advanced as tactics get for Shearer.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, he didn't implement it very well. I seem to remember Michael Owen even playing in midfield in the game against Villa when they were finally relegated.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
They decided RVP was the one offside then refused to admit the existence of anyone else in the Dutch kit.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I actually turned over to ITV. It speaks wonders that I'd rather put up with Townsend and co rather than listen to him.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I saw on twitter that Sky Sports News have Phil **** **** Brown providing analysis in the studio

as my mate said. They should just leave a graphic up tonight saying "switch over to BBC or ITV you dickhead"