• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2014

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Daley has apparently gone sour on Maloney. Much as I don't rate Pearce at Origin level, most of the decent things the Rooters look like doing in attack are coming through him

Burgey

provided farah plays; carton
Haha was gonna offer a carton bet on the game actually.

Fmd I just saw the Warriors game. They are a disgrace. They flat out handed that game to Canterbury. Why anyone would want to coach them is beyond me.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
nah **** josh reynolds right off, has to be carney
4-star Josh Reynolds does have a nice ring to it. I appreciate Carney as a footballer and feel he could easily handle the role that Pearce plays at Origin level, but I just think that it is Josh Reynolds time to star. He has suddenly become one of my favourite players because I like his defensive desperation and his ability to provide good ball and make the right decision in attack, often. Perhaps me taking the Bankstown line into work each day has got me slightly pro Doggies, but NSW could do worse than pick Reynolds+Hodkinson and play Tolman too. It wont happen, but I don't know what more Reynolds has to do.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
a kicking game of reynolds and pearce is asking to be flogged, carney has by far the best kicking game of any half in nsw

dermo

reynolds wont be given the room to crab across field in origin like he does in club games either

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
a kicking game of reynolds and pearce is asking to be flogged, carney has by far the best kicking game of any half in nsw
I agree that Carney's long kicking game is better than Reynolds. Inside the attacking 40, I think Reynolds in 2014 has a very good kicking game. If NSW aren't reaching the 40 metre line often enough the problem wont be in the halves. Carney does have an extra advantage though, NSW are going to need a goal kicker...

For what its worth, my NSW team would be:
1. Stewart 2. Mansour 3. Jennings 4. Hayne 5. Morris 6. Reynolds 7. Pearce 8. Fifita 9. Farah* 10. Woods 11. Cordner 12. Bird 13. Gallen** 14. Merrin 15. Watmough 16. Tamou 17. Peats

* Peats in for Farah (you just know Daley will go Kidley or Ennis though). Not sure of who the bench option should be if Farah is out.
**If Gallen is out, Merrin at lock and probably Tolman in.

Burgey

If Hayne isn't picked at full back this year it's a dead set QLD conspiracy mate. He's been one of NSW best players consistently in a dud era despite being played out of position all the time.

I like Stewart as a player too, but he's had a heap of injuries, same with Dugan.

I do admit NSW is limited in right side centres though.

dermo

im with n00fers im playing stewart at 1 and hayne in the centres

also in the discussion about the halves i forgot about mullen, he'd be just behind carney for the 6 jersey for me if not ahead of him

Burgey

Every ****ing season NSW pick someone other than Haybe at fullback, not because he isn't the best full back, but because he's better in another spot than the other alternatives.

He's the best fullback in NSW by a mile ffs. Let him play in his best spot.

dermo

in other news, only 6000 turned up to campbelltown on saturday night. definitely time to **** it off as a venue

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Every ****ing season NSW pick someone other than Haybe at fullback, not because he isn't the best full back, but because he's better in another spot than the other alternatives.

He's the best fullback in NSW by a mile ffs. Let him play in his best spot.
Its similar with Inglis and Slater. How many people would still rate Slater over Inglis as a fullback? I think if Stewart is 100% fit, his ability is on level with Hayne's.

in other news, only 6000 turned up to campbelltown on saturday night. definitely time to **** it off as a venue
I've never been to the venue, but I get the feeling out Campbelltown way aren't really Tigpie supporters. I have noticed that the matches at Campbelltown this year are matches against non-Sydney teams, so perhaps Tigers management are trying to get rid of the venue too.

Burgey

I think it's got a fair bit to do with the fact they get out of town games all the time at Campbelltown.

I mean, i love Leichardt - went to my first league game there as a kid and my grandfather played for Balmain pre-war, but if the Tigers want to celebrate getting 16,000 to a ramshackle ground and consider it a terrific thing, it says a bit about what's wrong with the mindset in the club, and with league in general.