• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

Hooksey

Banned
Would have loved to see your reaction to Shane Warne's first innings with the ball. Not saying Borthwick's anything like Warne at all, but you can't write off a bloke's career after 4 overs FFS.
Never suggested we could. Merely that it was too early to start getting carried away with him, and that's still the case.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty lame losing 3/1 there with Smitteh in, but well done to Stokes. His batting average currently (just) above his bowling average now.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Never suggested we could. Merely that it was too early to start getting carried away with him, and that's still the case.
I haven't seen a single person get "carried away" with him. No idea where you're getting that idea from.

Hooksey

Banned
I haven't seen a single person get "carried away" with him. No idea where you're getting that idea from.
This was a premature assessment then and still is IMO :

Borthwick's plainly not a Test quality spinner, but I reckon there's quite a bit to work with. Could develop nicely into an all-rounder, IMO.

Decent enough action, and does something through the air. If he can put a bit more on it and get his accuracy right, he could cause problems. Very, very big ifs though.
Admittedly it amounted to an each way bet.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Has Harris dropped a coupla lbs?

The Australian machine must be working well when Rhino's working on his cardio.

Ha, pish delivery tho, but.