• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wish we got all the cricket from around the world. We basically get NZ matches and Australian home matches. We have also gotten some stuff in England iirc.
Foxtel covers everything New Zealand and England play at home, plus most of their away stuff. We typically get Indian and South African home series as well unless they're playing Bangladesh or Zimbabwe.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
We typically get Indian and South African home series as well unless they're playing Bangladesh or Zimbabwe.
Yeah it is interesting to me how South Africa always strikes that deal with Foxtel, yet just dourly and unamusedly hangs up the phone on SkyNZ's cheeky lowball bids, summer after summer.

South Africa's a good niche for these guys actually, who've been making opportunistic purchases of sports events where Sky cbf. So far the best they've done with cricket is the Caribbean Premier League -
Cricket - Sommet Sports

Flem274*

123/5
Deadset Steve's last name is van der Grandelaar or something. He's in love with every allrounder to emigrate from Africa. Sadly I feel Grobbelaar is the lesser of the three and while his 125kph yorkers are effective, his batting hasn't impressed yet (though I didn't head along to yesterdays game - too busy doing battle with the AA for a warrant).

Do you mean Raval, Young or Nethula btw?

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Deadset Steve's last name is van der Grandelaar or something. He's in love with every allrounder to emigrate from Africa. Sadly I feel Grobbelaar is the lesser of the three and while his 125kph yorkers are effective, his batting hasn't impressed yet (though I didn't head along to yesterdays game - too busy doing battle with the AA for a warrant).

Do you mean Raval, Young or Nethula btw?
Tarun.

Mate I played for Howick, the Japie immigrant capital of the world. At one stage we had planned to all change our last names by deed poll to start with De. Just as those in Eygpt grow to love sand, I've grown to love anyone at the south end of Africa. The club is one short of an NZ 11 over the last 10 years so Grob would round it out nicely

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
What was the controversy?
There wasn't one; but Nethula argued he'd been shafted for several minutes. Similar to Bevan Small's done-me-wrong ramblings about ****en irresponsible bus companies losing gear, or what refs have been doing to his Manawatu Turbos.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
The Players Association might have something ruthlessly corporate in store for CD when they've got the private franchise model going I think; ND might get a second franchise. Phlegm and I will be given a merged Central Firebucks franchise for T20.

Flem274*

123/5
I think it's cute ND think they have enough norounders, gun barrel dobbers and half baked sloggers to fill two sides. If you split KW, Watling, Flynn and their full strength bowling attack up they have nothing.

The Central Firebucks sounds like a great way to continue CD and Wellington getting flayed while sending out all their safe selections and imports. At least it might mean the CD attack and a few young Wellingtonians will be allowed to develop in real cricket.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Playing talent is the easiest fix of all in a genuinely professional league though itbt. They'll quickly assemble where the $$$, savvy front office, climate and facilities are. Ben Loughlin will come over and prop up the Bay of Plenty Heat or whoever with a few 6/10 spells.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think it's cute ND think they have enough norounders, gun barrel dobbers and half baked sloggers to fill two sides. If you split KW, Watling, Flynn and their full strength bowling attack up they have nothing.

The Central Firebucks sounds like a great way to continue CD and Wellington getting flayed while sending out all their safe selections and imports. At least it might mean the CD attack and a few young Wellingtonians will be allowed to develop in real cricket.
You do realise that private franchises would mean separate contracts, right? The second ND team could sign up all the best players in the country just for the T20 comp in theory; it wouldn't actually be the Knights split in two.

Flem274*

123/5
You do realise that private franchises would mean separate contracts, right? The second ND team could sign up all the best players in the country just for the T20 comp in theory; it wouldn't actually be the Knights split in two.
Yeah I forgot that would be the case, though to be honest every other ND official or fan thinks all their rubbish is treasure though so I can see them turning down Jimmy Neesham's services for the wondrous Anton Devcich.

I wonder if we'll see players moving FC provinces (or signing with the closest to them) to be closer to their 20/20 franchise to minimise travel expenses etc, much like Super Plastic No One Outside of Main Cities Cares 15 Rugby