• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lovely set of cans in the crowd there. Good camera work. If they lingered any longer hotspot would've shown a mark starting to appear on the front of my shorts.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Did Carbs just play his last innings. Got to wonder if he was told he had to perform and the pressure just took all his shot making away.
Looked like he was batting for his life out there, felt a bit bad for him tbh. Blokes been grafting for years just to get this chance.

Way too limited a player though, shouldn't be playing.

hazsa19

International Regular
Of course there is, being scared of fast bowling almost just as disappointing as the way they've played Lyon.
Nah most lower order batsmen would struggle against MJ in this form. The way we've played Lyon is contemptible.

Tangles

Looked like he was batting for his life out there, felt a bit bad for him tbh. Blokes been grafting for years just to get this chance.

Way too limited a player though, shouldn't be playing.
Nasser drew a parallel with Comptons last test . At least I assume that was the innings he was referring too.

Dropping Carbs will mean Root opening again. And then you need a new 3.

91Jmay

International Coach
Nevermind the fact that Lyon is better than most people want to give him credit for.
I am a Lyon fan but they are unquestionably making him look better than he is by not putting away from rank balls and giving away wickets to nothing deliveries.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Here's a shock: Healy thinks Simpson is Australia's best coach; Lehmann is on track to be the next best

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Nasser drew a parallel with Comptons last test . At least I assume that was the innings he was referring too.

Not if the selectors right their past wrong and bring Compo back.

NasserFan207

I wouldn't have Root in the side at all personally, reckon this series has proved he's not ready.

Stokes is the only new England player I've been impressed with at all. I'd also say Compton is a better bet than Carbs, but I wouldn't want him either. Just too defensive and too scared of getting out. Just think it makes for a bad combination with Cook, you need someone more free flowing to partner him.

Last edited:

hazsa19

International Regular
I wouldn't have Root in the side at all personally, reckon this series has proved he's not ready.

Stokes is the only new England player I've been impressed with at all. I'd also say Compton is a better bet than Carbs, but I wouldn't want him either. Just too defensive and too scared of getting out. Just think it makes for a bad combination with Cook, you need someone more free flowing to partner him.
Yeh, we may as well pick 11 players though.