• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Graeme Swann

wiff

First Class Debutant
I find it incredible that he would retire because an opposition batsman got under his skin. However, when your own team mates get under your skin . . .

adub

International Captain
Swann's comments are pretty obviously about Warner to be honest. He has a point to, you can say England were dicks when we beat Aus and that might be true but no way would we ever have done half the stuff Warner does. Jumping towards our fielders when he scored tons, walking to the crease with batsmen. Its embarrassing, and I really hope it does bite him on the arse.
"Oh mumsie, that nasty colonial vagabond jumped in my direction! Do something please mumsie, I'm so awfully upset by him"

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's retired because his elbow is knackered and the major operation he had last year has failed. If it had worked he'd not have retired now and would be looking at the world cup and ashes of 2015.

Anything he has said after is possibly sour grapes, maybe correct. Time will tell on that one. Bit soon either way regardless of who it is about.

91Jmay

International Coach
If you score an Ashes ton and your first thought is to rub it in and shout at the opposition then you are a bell-end of unrivaled proportions.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Retiring when down 3 nil is questionable but firing barbs as well makes me wonder about whats really going on. None of it seems like normal behaviour.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
I'm not sure that I really understand the problem here. Surely if you score a ton you can direct your celebration towards whoever the **** you want? If it truly was towards Prior I can only imagine it was because Prior had been a prick throughout the innings.

I don't for a second think Swann (or any reasonable person) would retire because of it either.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you score an Ashes ton and your first thought is to rub it in and shout at the opposition then you are a bell-end of unrivaled proportions.
I think the prosecution rested with a smug look on their face after they brought up the punching a guy because he was wearing a novelty beard incident.

91Jmay

International Coach
I'm not sure that I really understand the problem here. Surely if you score a ton you can direct your celebration towards whoever the **** you want? If it truly was towards Prior I can only imagine it was because Prior had been a prick throughout the innings.

I don't for a second think Swann (or any reasonable person) would retire because of it either.
Well you can. But directing it towards the oppo makes you a bell-end, see how that works?

andyc

I think the prosecution rested with a smug look on their face after they brought up the punching a guy because he was wearing a novelty beard incident.
TBF I don't think anyone on here really thinks David Warner is a smart, polite and respectable young man. He's a bit of a dick who's about as smart as a block of wood, but I don't really see any merit to the idea that he was directing his celebration at Prior. But does it matter if he was anyway? Bowlers do it all the time - see Anderson here, or Johnson at any stage in this series.

91Jmay

International Coach
Taking a wicket is different than celebrating a ton. If Anderson/Johnson got a five for and then ran up to the bat waving the ball in his face I'd also say that was dickish. Warner celebrated a very impressive achievement of HIS by rubbing it in to the opposition. So pathetic.

andyc

Taking a wicket is different than celebrating a ton. If Anderson/Johnson got a five for and then ran up to the bat waving the ball in his face I'd also say that was dickish. Warner celebrated a very impressive achievement of HIS by rubbing it in to the opposition. So pathetic.
Yeah, except he didn't. Watch his celebration - Prior's not even looking his way and he just runs past him.

TNT

Banned
Warner is a legend, this little multi millionaire dynamo is making the england players look like fools.

Swann is full of **** and after getting smacked all over australia he is looking for excuses for his poor bowling. Be a man Swann and take your medicine. Swann is the weakest player ever to tour Australia, give the dickhead a ****ing dress.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
God this is all so pathetic, can't we just agree that Warner is a knob and Swann shouldn't have said anything?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Douchebag bat possibly has a go at douchebag 'keeper after scoring a ton after incident where douchebag tells another douchebag to get ready for a broken ****in' arm from his douchebag quick bowler = Test cricket. Film at ****ing 11.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Ooo can I have a go?

Douchebag poster makes douchebag post aimed at other douchebag poster's douchebag comment = CW.

TNT

Banned
God this is all so pathetic, can't we just agree that Warner is a knob and Swann shouldn't have said anything?
I think Swann is also a knob, probably worse than Warner with his whinning about how other players have upset him, poor thing. Maybe his grandmother could give him a cuddle.

Swann just needs to act like a man, not a giving it out on the field then crying like a little girl off the field.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Well you can. But directing it towards the oppo makes you a bell-end, see how that works?
^^(In response to my comment that surely if you make a ton you can direct your celebration at whoever you like)

Yes, I agree. If Warner truly did direct his celebration towards Prior or anybody else (which is not proven, but lets just say he did) then yes, that makes him a bell-end. But if Swann is going to cry to grandmother and retire because of it (which I don't believe is the case) then surely that makes him an ever bigger bell-end, as well as a bit of a *****?