• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

wiff

First Class Debutant
Interesting aside, if your quicks were fully fit I wonder how this series would have gone down? I know Starc/Patterson are fast but not convinced they have the raw gas that MJ does. Wonder if they'd have caused the same problems.
Weird isn't it? If Patto or Stark were fit, I don't think they would of made as big an impact.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've never made a bet on cricket in my life - none that I can remember anyway.

But I do take an interest in the odds on offer because the bookies have an annoying habit of getting it right.
Why is it annoying? If you think the bet with the lowest odds often wins by the bookies, bet on it each time.

Hooksey

Banned
Why is it annoying? If you think the bet with the lowest odds often wins by the bookies, bet on it each time.
Annoying from the point of view they help a lot of mug punters on their way to the soup kitchen queue. A mate of mine lost everything including his home and family to horse racing. Nobody to blame but himself. But fair to say I found it annoying, and many other things as well, and I wasn't even the "victim".

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Annoying from the point of view they help a lot of mug punters on their way to the soup kitchen queue. A mate of mine lost everything including his home and family to horse racing. Nobody to blame but himself. But fair to say I found it annoying, and many other things as well, and I wasn't even the "victim".
Sorry to hear.

SpofforthLohman

U19 12th Man
Gotta feel sorry for England; as has already been mentioned, this means that the Ashes won by England mere months earlier will now be effectively meaningless. They should have probably made it a 10 match series. Anyway, not complaning in the least with the result-being half Indian and half Australian I've grown up hating England in cricket right from a very young age so this doesn't exactly make me sad :) Commiserations England and played Australia! More than the margins of the victories, what is damning is the number of times Aus declared and the number of wickets they had when they did. There are many theories floating around as to why England lost. I think more than anything else it is the fact that England's grind, grind and grind strategy doesn't work against a top class bowling attack. It is not a surprise that it took the two best attacks going around to topple a formidable English side (SA being the other). From a viewing perspective, this has been the most one sided Ashes series since 06-07...I'd probably say test series as well (India in Australia 10-11) is probably close. Hope we don't rest players and all that. Knowing Lehmann and Australia in general, I doubt they will. The test tally reads 10-10 since the Ashes in 05, we have to be ruthless and make it 10-12.
They didn't win the ashes in England they RETAINED them so FAR FROM BEING MEANINGLESS, just ask Clarke how much it hurt

Shri

Mr. Glass
Interesting aside, if your quicks were fully fit I wonder how this series would have gone down? I know Starc/Patterson are fast but not convinced they have the raw gas that MJ does. Wonder if they'd have caused the same problems.
Wouldn't have played 3 back to back tests at full tilt like MoJo without niggles. Mj has been a beast in that respect.

Hooksey

Banned
Wouldn't have played 3 back to back tests at full tilt like MoJo without niggles. Mj has been a beast in that respect.
There's no doubt Johnson was the single biggest difference between the teams. Michael Vaughan was probably stretching things when he said "England look absolutely petrified", but he wasn't that far off the mark.

Spark

Global Moderator
Mitch has always been by some distance the fittest of this generation of quicks. Remember one Test against WI he looked as if he was about to keel over from exhaustion, but kept coming in and bowling 150kmh.

the big bambino

International Captain
Everyone wants to be buddies with Johnson now and even call him palsy names like MoJo and MJ as if they hang together. Me too. Love ya MoJo. :hug:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mitch has always been by some distance the fittest of this generation of quicks. Remember one Test against WI he looked as if he was about to keel over from exhaustion, but kept coming in and bowling 150kmh.
Yeah, recall a couple of lengthy spells he bowled in the 08 series in India where I was astounded how he was able to keep his pace up right the way through the spell in what was sweltering conditions. Think it was the test where Ghambir and Laxman? (May have been Sehwag & Laxman) both scored doubles.