• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I would say he's closer to McCullum's height than Fleming's.
Ok so if we interpolate then can conclude his leadership ability is somewhere between Fleming and McCullum's* :happy:. He does crouch a bit while batting. Stop bloody ruining my theory ok.

* though McCullum references the other NZ leadership stereotype instead - the boisterous boys' club guy

Last edited:

thierry henry

International Coach
Hi guys. Hadn't really paid much attention to Latham's height but certainly had in mind that he was one of the shorter Black Caps. Photographic evidence suggests about 5'9". Not sure why anyone would think he was tall anyway.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wow the thierry henry dog-whistle worked quickly :p

Alright, Latham's not tall. He's still a mini-Fleming though.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Did anyone watch the Auckland v Canty T20 game on the weekend andsee what kind of speeds Bennett was hitting? Yikes, Wellington now in serious danger of following-on.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
They often say Rangiora's one of those grounds where things can get instantly mental with cloud cover. Stead said the pitch was looking dry, will be an interesting watch.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I know one should never judge dismissals when taken purely out of context, but there were a lot of extremely average dismissals from both sides today.

Flem274*

123/5
I can't remember where I read/heard it today for the life of me but I saw some great Papps fanboyism from a Wellingtonian. He has a case for being both the most overrated and underrated batsman in the country right now, and it depends whether you're in Wellington/Canterbury or somewhere else.