• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I can see what Warne is saying but the last thing you wanna do to a debutant who had a day like Kerrigan did is feed him to the lions when a declaration chase is on. Will kill the ****.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I can see what Warne is saying but the last thing you wanna do to a debutant who had a day like Kerrigan did is feed him to the lions when a declaration chase is on. Will kill the ****.
Not bowling him is worse. Trott's had a bowl ffs.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, now isn't the time at all.

And 100% agree with the comments about the field.

91Jmay

International Coach
That rain might mean Aussies can't really declare, as they will play in it but I can't image they will start in it.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Now is the time for sure to bring on Kerrigan. The kid has bowled 8 overs in 125 and its not as though he is expected to do much with the bat. Its a new day, I'm confident he will be less nervous and will land them better.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I dunno, can it really get any worse for him? He's been absolutely ****ing terrible thus far. It's not just like he's gone wicketless or whatever; it's been a nightmare so there's no much to lose at all, and still something to gain. Can't imagine not getting a bowl at all even though Trott has, on a dry surface (admittedly overcast but still) will be doing much more for him than getting another hammering would. If he took a wicket or even just a bowled a good over of length deliveries it would help IMO.

91Jmay

International Coach
Might as well give Kerrigan a roll to be fair, if he nips one out it will do his confidence the world of good.

91Jmay

International Coach
Broad just bowling pie's as normal to tailenders. Fancy the Aussies to win by plenty here, just look like we are playing for the draw again.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I swear to god three days this series I've got home in time to see 2-3 hours of cricket and each time it's been Aussies batting. It's like half the total time they've batted this series. :blowup: