• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

ajdude

International Coach
Sang choi bau and Peking steak, Ashes test starting, won a radio quiz and going to the opera house 30 August to see Dougie Parkinson. Life's good.

Except for Murphy returning.
burgey forgot to mention that the quiz was on Kids FM and the whole opera house thing is entirely separate

King Pietersen

International Captain
Sang choi bau and Peking steak
Just a shame Australia'll be all out before you've finished eating it!

Bit of swing for Sir Jimmeh. Promising start. This is going to be a Stuart Broad day though, he's due one of those crazy Broad hauls.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I bet Taylor was only picked in the squad to make sure Pietersen would make every effort to get himself fit for this Test.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I bet Taylor was only picked in the squad to make sure Pietersen would make every effort to get himself fit for this Test.
What are the rumours about Pietersen and Taylor? Something about him saying he wasn't any good during the saga last year?

adub

International Captain
Pretty sick of the selections myself. I had hoped things would get better, but dumb **** just keeps happening.

What the hell was the point of dropping Lyon and giving him the message that we don't think your good enough son for a 19 y/o and dropping said 19 y/o two tests later? Sure Agar hasn't carved up England, but who the hell really thought he would? Either he's the future and you stick with him, or you should have shown some faith in Lyon. ****ing amateur ****.

Hughes is the only batsman who has played an innings of significance in the tests so yeah lets drop him. I like Warner, but FMD the runs he scored in SA were on an 8 lane ****ing highway. Maxwell scored 150 FFS. Maybe they should have called him up for Agar instead of going back to Lyon?

Starc? meh! He's had his chances and not taken them. Bird deserved a shot. I understand the thinking a dry surface might bring Starc's reverse in play - just like how he carved up the Indians on their dry dusty pitches, oh wait...

Meanwhile the walking LBW decision is a ****ing koala. Maybe the power of prayer can bring on a miracle and have the patient go into remission, because there's no ****ing way the selectors are going to apply the chemo.