• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arthur sacked

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
well my point is more that he shouldn't have to earn their respect, and I can't really see what he's done to lose it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Why shouldn't he have to earn their respect, what up to that point had he done to have it off the bat?
He was the coach of South Africa who bitchslapped them in 2008 and was the first team to win a series in Australia in a ridiculous amount of time. He hardly came to the job as a coach with no success.

Spark

Global Moderator
Cricket Australia @CricketAus
As a mark of respect following the passing of Mickey Arthur's mother, Lynne, the team will wear black arm bands today against Somerset
cripes. poor bloke.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Horrible.

With regards to Arthur losing his job, I've been reading the book he released a bit after losing his SA job. He strikes me as an excuse-maker. He doesn't seem the sort to take the blame when it's required, and he also seems to be overly outspoken within a closed environment. He was nicknamed "Honest Mickey" by the SA players because he doesn't hold back.

I don't think that would have gone down too well as a Saffer arguing with a board of Aussies, and I can easily imagine tension arising as a result of it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Horrible.

With regards to Arthur losing his job, I've been reading the book he released a bit after losing his SA job. He strikes me as an excuse-maker. He doesn't seem the sort to take the blame when it's required, and he also seems to be overly outspoken within a closed environment. He was nicknamed "Honest Mickey" by the SA players because he doesn't hold back.

I don't think that would have gone down too well as a Saffer arguing with a board of Aussies, and I can easily imagine tension arising as a result of it.

To be completely honest, that sounds like an excuse-making for his sacking as much as anything else.. I am not saying he was good or bad or anything. Obviously, things were not working out and they have replaced the coach but I just do not get the feeling it is a clear cut situation where you can blame either side fully and get away with it. It looks there are/were faults from everyone involved.

MrPrez

International Debutant
I don't think you can say that. We have absolutely no idea about the reasons for his dismissal, so all we can do is speculate. By all means, it could have been both ways. But the belief that Arthur is overly non-conflictual is just wrong, imo. He just does everything quietly, without letting the media find out.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't think you can say that. We have absolutely no idea about the reasons for his dismissal, so all we can do is speculate. By all means, it could have been both ways. But the belief that Arthur is overly non-conflictual is just wrong, imo. He just does everything quietly, without letting the media find out.

Fair enough.. I actually do not think so but given it is mostly speculation, I can see why you can have a different opinion.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
That was the justification for his sacking. He was accused of trying to cover up Beardgate until the Poms went public with it.

Riggins

International Captain
ffs why do people need to tack gate on the end of things. it ****s me to no end.

Last edited: