• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Everybody in the house who received a tip saying Indiana are value from a mate, put money down, and then lost it say Ayoooooooooo.

Ayoooooooooo.

****ing mate :(

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeh, DW did, but it was also Lebron trying to be a bit too clever when he should have been a bit more conservative at that stage IMO.
I haven't gone back to check but on the first one I was fairly sure it was a designed play and he just followed it. I can't be bothered checking though.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Everybody in the house who received a tip saying Indiana are value from a mate, put money down, and then lost it say Ayoooooooooo.

Ayoooooooooo.

****ing mate :(
Your mate is an idiot, the Pacers were never going to win today. They were always getting blown out. The Heat are a far far better team that hadn't been playing well at all, and needed that loss to wake up. They do it every series.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Your mate is an idiot, the Pacers were never going to win today. They were always getting blown out. The Heat are a far far better team that hadn't been playing well at all, and needed that loss to wake up. They do it every series.
Well he just told me to bet on the Pacers in the next match. I told him to go **** himself. Thoughts?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'm less sure about the Heat winning the next game than I was about Game 3, but I personally would never bet money against the best team in the league unless the odds were absolutely stupefying.

The Heat are 46-5 in their last 51 games and in one of those losses Lebron James didn't play a single second. They've legitimately lost 4 times since February 1st. Why would you bet against that?

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm less sure about the Heat winning the next game than I was about Game 3, but I personally would never bet money against the best team in the league unless the odds were absolutely stupefying.

The Heat are 46-5 in their last 51 games. Why would you bet against that?
They were paying $2.20 and he thought they're value. He now said to me "man this series is closer than people think, they are even better value for the next match after this match". I just told him that dontcloseyoureyes thinks you're an idiot.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So my mate just texted me back and he's Asian and he just said "why you gotta be racist?"

Think he misinterpreted the "dontcloseyoureyes" bit.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
If the Pacers starting five could play 48 minutes a game and not get exhausted then the series would be a lot closer, but they can't and the series isn't as close as he seems to think The main problem for the Pacers is that they're playing as well as they possibly can in this series, and the Heat are barely in second gear.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
His comments:

1. Miami is undersized
2. Indiana has the best centres in the league right now
3. Indiana's big men are doing a good job of defending the basket
4. He didn't necessarily think Indiana was going to win, they were just value.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
His comments:

1. Miami is undersized
Re: #4; I don't think I've ever had a bet on something paying 2.20 unless I thought it was more likely to happen than not. I make a ****load of bets on things I don't actually think are likely - I'm not a favourites chaser by any stretch of the imagination - but I don't really think 2.20 presents great value unless you reckon it should be the favourite.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
His comments:

1. Miami is undersized
1) Yeah, they're undersized. That's their thing. They have been undersized all season and they were undersized when they won the title last year. They play a style of small ball that's almost impossible to stop, high screen and roll with Lebron/Wade/Chalmers and a Bosh pick, Bosh will pop and Ray Allen and Shane Battier will be in the corners. If you help on the ball-handler coming off the pick then you leave one of the three point shooters open, if you switch on the pick then the ball carrier is guarded by a big man and can drive or they can kick to the small man on Chris Bosh, who's one of the best mid-range shooters in the game. It's a pick your poison scenario.

2) Um what? Firstly, Indiana have one centre, Roy Hibbert, and at his absolute best he's probably the 5th best centre in the league. What? :S

3) Roy Hibbert is a good defender and has lessened his tendency to get into foul trouble this season significantly, which is a very good thing. David West is strong, but a pretty average defender and Paul George just got decimated in the post by Lebron. Indiana are a good defensive unit but the Heat are an amazing offensive force, as good if not better on offense as Indiana are on defense.

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Its probably not just that Miami are good at 'small' ball. Its probably also because the guy they've got playing 40 minutes a night at small forward is as big as most power forwards in the league (6 '9, 270 odd pounds) and still very fast. Not to mention the other mismatches they get from Wade and Bosh.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Birdman has also helped them quite a bit with his energy and size since he has come in. They noticeably improved after he came. Probably moreso because of his energy since he doesn't play enough minutes but his size stops them getting abused in a lot of games.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Man I did not think SAS would have Memphis's number like this.
They are my team's biggest rivals and have handed us our asses plenty of times, yet the Spurs are the team I most admire in the NBA. They have built a model that any rival fan would be envious of. They don’t get featured in ESPN’s plays of the day and none of their “stars” are marketable and ***y like Lebron/Durant/Paul/Griffin etc, but damn do they know how to win. Rick Carlisle has stated that Pop is the greatest coach in NBA history. That’s not a slight at Phil or Auerbach, but just a reflection on how much Pop is respected in the league. I thought surely they were done after their last championship but here they are again. It boggles the mind, but Duncan is almost a forgotten ATG player. Considering the position he plays, to me he is the greatest player of his generation and next (with all due apologies to Shaq and Kobe). Lebron may surpass him eventually, but right now Duncan is the true King. Now excuse me while I go throw up for praising the hated Spurs!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
They are my team's biggest rivals and have handed us our asses plenty of times, yet the Spurs are the team I most admire in the NBA. They have built a model that any rival fan would be envious of. They don’t get featured in ESPN’s plays of the day and none of their “stars” are marketable and ***y like Lebron/Durant/Paul/Griffin etc, but damn do they know how to win. Rick Carlisle has stated that Pop is the greatest coach in NBA history. That’s not a slight at Phil or Auerbach, but just a reflection on how much Pop is respected in the league. I thought surely they were done after their last championship but here they are again. It boggles the mind, but Duncan is almost a forgotten ATG player. Considering the position he plays, to me he is the greatest player of his generation and next (with all due apologies to Shaq and Kobe). Lebron may surpass him eventually, but right now Duncan is the true King. Now excuse me while I go throw up for praising the hated Spurs!
agree with pretty much everything you said except i would say duncan never was and never will be "The King"...it just doesn't fit his persona to be called that...:D