• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So, on the whole I thought the PPV was alright, but kind of underwhelming. I guess it was always going to be hard to live up to last year's effort though.

Out of the three main events, I think I enjoyed Lesnar vs HHH the most, but the ending to all 3 was too predictable for mine. Taker and Punk was a decent enough match, but I just never got the feeling that there was any chance of Punk winning. Really enjoyed the Rock vs Cena match though, and thought it was better on the whole than their match last year, but thought the ending was a bit rubbish, and not just because Cena won.

Actually felt gutted for Rock at the end, he acted out the disappointment of losing so well. Looked genuinely devo'd, what a champ.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not a classic, but it was good. Cue 'worst mania ever' comments online. Loved Cena's dummy when he seemed to be going for the people's elbow and would have liked it to have ended then.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not a classic, but it was good. Cue 'worst mania ever' comments online. Loved Cena's dummy when he seemed to be going for the people's elbow and would have liked it to have ended then.
Haha, I liked it as well, but saw it coming a mile off. Would have been better if it had ended there though, defo agree on that. Kind of became too obvious what was going to happen after Cena kicked out of the Rock Bottom for the millionth time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It wasn't a classic and I think both of them can have a better match with each other if you look at what they've done in the past, but I was happy enough.

WWE didn't kick on well at all from Mania last year after an initial hot burst the night after, so hopefully they shake things up tonight and next year is a bit more fresh.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It wasn't a classic and I think both of them can have a better match with each other if you look at what they've done in the past, but I was happy enough.

WWE didn't kick on well at all from Mania last year after an initial hot burst the night after, so hopefully they shake things up tonight and next year is a bit more fresh.
Yeah, the whole year has been pretty forgettable tbh, hopefully they can get it together a bit more now. Will be expecting some big things of the Shield now. Putting them over 3 former World Champs last night is a pretty big vote of confidence for them, hope they get a chance to reach for the top.

Also about time Ziggler was allowed to really have a crack at the Main Event, and time to get Miz back doing something interesting too. Going from winning the ME to being on the pre-show in the space of 2 years is a pretty massive drop.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Should have thought so, suppose he'll probably go after Del Rio.

On that note, don't think I really like Del Rio as a face, it just doesn't work with his gimmick. One suspects that because he's a foreigner, he'll never truly get over as a face, and so will always be better suited to working as a heel, which he is bloody good at tbf.

Also, wasn't even aware that Dutch Mantel was still even alive, let alone back in the E.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I was saying last night, in the early 90s Vinnie Mac would have had Swagger as the face using the exact same angle. Good job he's laid off his, um, questionable tendencies these days.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ziggler WAG!

Edit: Pretty damn good RAW actually, crowd was amazing throughout.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Shows what an impact the crowd can have on a show. They were into it all night, must have been a fantastic atmosphere there. Shame it's not like that week in week out.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Shows what an impact the crowd can have on a show. They were into it all night, must have been a fantastic atmosphere there. Shame it's not like that week in week out.
It really rubbed off on the performers and the commentators though, which was good.