• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Managing and resting young fast bowlers before they're 24/25 makes sense though, if the studies are right with regards to injuries. Once they get to 24/25 there's no reason for resting.

Spikey

on the downside, strac not playing means i won't get to enjoy the media meltdown about why our young fast bowlers are getting injured for at least another week or two. i'm in need of it.

Spikey

Managing and resting young fast bowlers before they're 24/25 makes sense though, if the studies are right with regards to injuries. Once they get to 24/25 there's no reason for resting.
i think there was plenty of reason to rest hilf/Siddle tbh. that was was an extraordinarily unique situation though (bowling deep into the last day after already heavy workloads + injured fast bowler + very short turn around between tests + big ass plane ride during that turn around)

benchmark00

i think there was plenty of reason to rest hilf/Siddle tbh. that was was an extraordinarily unique situation though (bowling deep into the last day after already heavy workloads + injured fast bowler + very short turn around between tests + big ass plane ride during that turn around)
They weren't rotated... they weren't fit enough to play, there's a difference.

Spikey

but seriously people complaining about the rotation system, what's your idea? are you like brett lee who goes on and on about 'cotton wool' but doesn't really offer any ideas about how to prevent injures aside how they train in the gym which he goes on and on about? or do you agree with dirk nannes in saying fast bowlers should just not bother until they're 24? it seems to me CA is attempting something akin to a sane solution but playing them when they're fit, and resting them when history tells them something bad could be about to happen. that to me is a lot better than not doing anything at all and saying "didn't see that coming!" when they get injured, or not letting them do anything at all.

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
It's a sad day for Test Cricket fans when a 22 yr old bowler, who's only played 2 tests this summer and has had 8 days rest since the last test, is being rested so that he can play more ODI and T20 rubbish later :mad:

This is a slap in the face for test cricket fans and while I'm not a great fan of Starc yet, I still want to see that the best team has been selected....

...the only thing I can think of is it's the "Shane Watson Conspiracy Theory". Watto is a confidence player, and yet selectors have done everything to undermine his confidence imo

(1) Watto is moved out of a successful opening role (averages 43) to # 3
(2) then told he's not good enough to be picked soley as a batsman (enter Quinney)
(3) then he's moved to # 4 to fit in Hughes (told Hughes better siuted then Watto at #3)
(4) then Watto is set to captain the boxing day test, so after losing the best batsman, they also drop the bowler that's taken 14 wkts in the last 2 tests, bringing in Johnson and a debutant

I'm guessing the next move is that Watto will be told to move to # 5 to accommodate Khawaja at # 4, whereby he will of course be told that Khawaja is better suited to the top order than himself....

Well there's my rant, but it didn't work as I still think the resting policy is a disgrace :(

Spikey

my main problem with starc's resting is how it's been handled. he should have been left out in the first place, or at least another seamer added to the squad. if MJ breaks down in warm-ups you're picking Usman to replace him...

Spikey

john hastings is still yet to bowl after he hurt his back swinging the bat hard during the waca test btw. what a guy

Spark

Global Moderator
YES. I am so angry over this resting rubbish. The Australian Baggy Green has to be earned. Really, we have completely lost our way. This is one of the darkest periods in Aus cricket history.
aus fan overreaction r go

Spikey

aus cricket has been in one big dark age ever since they started wearing helmets instead of the baggygreen while batting itbt