• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Satyanash89

Banned
Rahane absolutely needs to come in now. Dont care even if they dont have the balls to drop Sachin, just stick him at no.6... anyone but Raina.... please :(

Teja.

Global Moderator
Ishant, yeah you can probably blame the Indian system for that.
The biggest fault of the system was making the **** **** feel entitled to a spot in the side for the next 30 tests because he bowled one good spell in Perth (and ended up with figures of 3 - 115 even in that innings)

Pains me to think he was picked ahead of Praveen for so many years. Not good enough to lace Praveen's boots itbt.

Satyanash89

Banned
The biggest fault of the system was making the **** **** feel entitled to a spot in the side for the next 30 tests because he bowled one good spell in Perth (and ended up with figures of 3 - 115 even in that innings)

Pains me to think he was picked ahead of Praveen for so many years. Not good enough to lace Praveen's boots itbt.
Where the hell IS praveen btw?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
They are playing Joy Division on brass in the stands :-O
Swann, Swann will tear you apart again. :D
^^^

It's a very old Barmy Army stand-by. Find it mildly annoying as it's paled one of my favourite songs, but excellent choice of source material for all that.

Graeme Smith ‏@GraemeSmith49
So no DRS but DRS helps.........time for India to join the rest of the cricketing world and back the system

Graeme Smith has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket, especially the IPL.
:laugh:

Genuine lol there.

A true captain's knock.
Was just hideous, tbh. As Ishant, Ojha and (especially) Ashwin have showed it's hardly a minefield, so the lack of application from the captain was criminal.

Dhoni's a very rich man already, if he CBF with tests anymore surely he can afford to step aside.

R. Ashwin Can Bat
#6 material already, IMHO. Dump Yuvi and promote him.

Exactly. You know how Border basically wanted people with the right attitude rather than with the best skills? Something like that. What's the worst that can happen? India lose more than 8 out of 8 on their next overseas tour?
Hate to be too ****ish about other countries' players, but boy there are some mental midgets in this Indian side.

It's the country of Gavaskar, Ganguly and Dravid, ffs. Whilst the former two might've not been everyone's cup of tea they always stood up to be counted.

You can't drop Sehwag and Gambhir. One of them has to be captain if you want Dhoni out as well.

What a nightmare.
Nah, **** that. Kohli, Pujara or (my vote) Ashwin, surely? Give it to a kid with a future rather than someone with a promising cricketing career behind them.

Last edited:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I think the time is past when one kept these guys in knowing there's nobody better in the country to replace them. It's the Einstein thing, insanity is when you keep doing the same thing and expect different results. I'd rather have someone who's hungry and itching to prove himself than persist with the same lot. Even as irrelevant fans, one has to be honest and stop making allowances for lack of balls and gumption.

The feeling of stagnation is so overwhelming right now.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:laugh: I love it when Teja posts about Ishant. So true. One player who I never bought into the hype for at all. It's not been a case of him not being handled properly or whatever; he's just not that good. Never has been.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why? He wasn't in the squad.
Neither was anyone else apart from Rahane and I don't think they'll bat Rahane at 6 (even though I think they should).

They haven't actually named a squad for the fourth Test yet so you watch, Raina will be in it.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
:laugh: I love it when Teja posts about Ishant. So true. One player who I never bought into the hype for at all. It's not been a case of him not being handled properly or whatever; he's just not that good. Never has been.
He was, four years ago. For a 19 year old rookie, he had the lot. But instead of a somewhat raw action being bettered with more exposure, it's somehow ended **** up for him. Tragedy, really.

Satyanash89

Banned
if they brought raina back for the 15th time, i'd root for england.
Id want to but id probably kill myself.
Its mindboggling how many tests Yuvraj, Ishant and Raina have played when anyone with a brain can see that they arent test standard. People talk about Tendulkar holding up a spot in the side from a youngster... these three have been far, far worse.
Theyre a tumour on the indian team (oh the irony in yuvraj's case, i know :p) which the BCCI for some reason doesnt want to remove

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah, **** that. Kohli, Pujara or (my vote) Ashwin, surely? Give it to a kid with a future rather someone than a promising cricketing career behind them.
I raised the option of pulling a South Africa ala Graeme Smith with Kohli, but you don't feed the new captain to the wolves.

If we were going to name a new captain it had to be when they at least were not going to have 6/7 new players.

Zaheer, Dhoni, Sehwag, Gambhir, Yuvraj are all near the end of their career or near the end of whether they will be in the team. That is too many newbies to feed Kohli a bunch of losses whilst he's trying to establish himself.

I was for Kohli being captain, and if he was given it I wouldn't be upset. But now that he's tryin to establish himself as a batsman and going through a bad series, not worth killing him with a team of n00bs. Same with Pujara.

Stop-gap needs to be implemented.

cnerd123

likes this
He was good relative to his age at the time.

On absolute skills, he's barely Test class, would only get into BD and Zimbabwe IMO.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He was, four years ago. For a 19 year old rookie, he had the lot. But instead of a somewhat raw action being bettered with more exposure, it's somehow ended **** up for him. Tragedy, really.
Not going to go into too much again but it's fair to say I disagree and I disagreed four years ago as well; my old posts will be consistent with that. I tried to keep an open mind about Ishant because of what everyone else was saying but I never saw it. Jono to confirm.

I'm still tasting Sreesanth's failures but Sharma was one I never bought into.

smash84

The Tiger King
Id want to but id probably kill myself.
Its mindboggling how many tests Yuvraj, Ishant and Raina have played when anyone with a brain can see that they arent test standard. People talk about Tendulkar holding up a spot in the side from a youngster... these three have been far, far worse.
Theyre a tumour on the indian team (oh the irony in yuvraj's case, i know :p) which the BCCI for some reason doesnt want to remove
had to really chuckle at the use of this analogy

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not going to go into too much again but it's fair to say I disagree and I disagreed four years ago as well; my old posts will be consistent with that. I tried to keep an open mind about Ishant because of what everyone else was saying but I never saw it. Jono to confirm.

Yeah PEWS was never convinced.

I wasn't convinced he'd be a gun, but I was convinced he had what it took. Right now its all speculative to debate whether he had the base to be a good bowler or not. I mean you can argue height, the jaffer bowls he could bowl etc. But then the naysayers can say he's never had a very good series, so there is no evidence of there ever being a foundation of quality.

End result is the same though, Ishant is ****.

Sreesanth is **** too though so Teja and PEWS are 1 win 1 loss.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year

he was acually awesome in 2008 for a 19/20 yo.

Bowling records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

stats back it up too.