• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bench, the pitch was good for batting on the majority of day 1 but it still offers something pre lunch and with the new ball. Skilled pitch gurus like Burdett, Lyon, NUFAN and Mitchell Jnr could all tell that t wasn't a road and was going to get better for bowlers over the course of the match.

Diddle claimed two important wickets and then didnt bowl brilliantly when he was asked to take on Pattos over too.

On phone, not changing diddle.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Think its pretty clear Kallis got a standing ovation for playing a gutsy knock and you know that too. No real need to be a dick.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No he did not, he did not get a standing ovation in Brisbane.

Anyway: Burgey doesn't think he's a great cricketer too so either way he's "tasting"

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bench, the pitch was good for batting on the majority of day 1 but it still offers something pre lunch and with the new ball. Skilled pitch gurus like Burdett, Lyon, NUFAN and Mitchell Jnr could all tell that t wasn't a road and was going to get better for bowlers over the course of the match.

Diddle claimed two important wickets and then didnt bowl brilliantly when he was asked to take on Pattos over too.

On phone, not changing diddle.
:laugh:

Good to see Les Burdett still getting a mention during this match despite no longer being the curator.

benchmark00

No he did not, he did not get a standing ovation in Brisbane.

Anyway: Burgey doesn't think he's a great cricketer too so either way he's "tasting"
That's because Queenslanders are bogans.

And Victorians are horrible cricketers, but that's another story.

Spikey

You know, with Pattinson's injury + Hilf & Siddle hardly impressing with the ball and SA probably not throwing away their first 3 wickets away again (and hell, I think Smitteh and Kallis, injury and all, would be disappointed with their dismissals), I'm not very confident 4 sessions is enough. We'll probably fall in a heap and it won't matter, but I wonder when Clarke would declare, if he has the option.

on the other hand, Petersen is due to return to himself, AB sucks nowadays, Rudolph sucks, Kallis is dead and FDP may have fluked it. 35 overs is probably enough

Briony

International Debutant
What do people think of where Ponting is headed? He is really starting to look as bad as he did during the worst part of his slump in the 2010 Ashes series...it's just the same cycle all over again. If he can't make runs in Perth, then that pretty much would be the final straw for me. Would definitely consider bringing back Hughes and Khawaja.
The problem is if you keep playing him he will eventually make some runs and then it is hard for the selectors to drop him.

Spikey

if he fails again in perth he'll probably have to be dropped

note: dropped. i'd be pissed if ponting was to retire in response.(either because the selectors have told him there's no way back, ala his ODI retirement, or because he feels it's the right thing to do)

i would like to think the example of rad haddin, who has played on and who is still very much a chance of playing again for aus (or at least being picked in the 16-17 man ashes squad). would inspire ponting to play for at least the rest of the shield summer. obviously if he was to make 7 ducks in a row for tassie, ok you're not playing another test. but a couple of tons and he could justify a spot on the ashes, albeit possibly just a reverse. i mean, ****, it's either him or callum ferguson.

Last edited:

Spikey

as you can probably tell, i don't care much for this 'retiring on top' bull****. go down with a fight baby!

see: many pews' posts about how it's selfish to retire when you still think you're playing well, or capable