• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Honey Badgers

Jager

International Debutant
Wood is actually a spinner (just updated his rego), meaning we have 5 fast/medium options and 3 spin options. With this in mind I think the 7/4/4 option is perhaps best.

EDIT: Although the other teams arguably have stronger spin options, but then I'd imagine 4 spin isn't really THAT beneficial to spin-bowlers.

Also, Jager, if you were to bowl, what type of bowler are you? (I ask because I assume you'd have to have some sort of data for this)
Left-arm chinamen - not sure if it's worth it, if was allowed I'd probably just go 95 or 100 for batting skill if I was to change it.

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
I've looked at the other teams, and we most certainly beat both them out with the pace of our atttack (2 and 3 vs. 4). I'd even be willing to go 9/6/0. No drawn matches here.

Last edited:

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
My dream team (FC) for a fast and seaming pitch would be:

Code:
[B]FORUM NAME	PLAYER NAME	BAT	BOWL	ROLE	STYLE[/B]
Quaggas		O du Toit	100	0	OPEN	NOR
Jager         	L Townsend	85	15	BAT	AGG
DJellett	D Jellett	100	0	BAT	NOR
BackFootPunch	BFP Kirk	100	0	BAT	DEF
G.I.Joe	        GI Joe	        100	0	BAT	NOR
Viscount Tom	C Ardley	95	5	WK	AGG
Garson007	D Garson	58	42	A/R (M)	DEF
AndyZaltHair	S Zadran	30	70	A/R (F)	AGG
Johnners	S Delev	        25	75	FAST	AGG
MrPrez	        M Morkel	1	99	FAST	NOR
Daemon	        A Sharma	0	100	FAST	AGG
The weakest link would be the lack of a spinner, with me or S Zadran making way for O Wood to include such a player. However, as a defensive player I'm in a better position to shepherd the tail. The other viable option would be replacing M Morkel with M Deen or A Fagina; depending on what mentality you want, but I think with the already aggressive fast bowlers M Deen would be a better option. I chose L Townsend over B Smythe-Smith to have an aggressive opener.

Last edited:

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
I reckon that a normal paced wicket with a fair of sideways movement (like Headingley) would be best for us but it needs to turn a bit or our spinner to pick up form for whenever we go to a spinning ground.

The medium pace of the wicket will mean we'll be less likely to caught off guard if we end up on either a slow wicket or a quick wicket.

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
I reckon that a normal paced wicket with a fair of sideways movement (like Headingley) would be best for us but it needs to turn a bit or our spinner to pick up form for whenever we go to a spinning ground.

The medium pace of the wicket will mean we'll be less likely to caught off guard if we end up on either a slow wicket or a quick wicket.
This might seem gamist (playing the rules of the simulation rather than in the spirit) of me, but I don't think the simulation software will take into account on what type of pitch the form was gained.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We've got 2 spinners with a bowling rating of above 80, I don't want to complete leave them out in the cold, which is why I'm thinking either 8/4/3 or 7/4/4. Would like to hear what Marcuss thinks given iirc he's got a bit of experience using the sim.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We've got 2 spinners with a bowling rating of above 80, I don't want to complete leave them out in the cold, which is why I'm thinking either 8/4/3 or 7/4/4. Would like to hear what Marcuss thinks given iirc he's got a bit of experience using the sim.
Not sure Marcuss has ever actually used VC4.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It really depends on whether you're planning to play both spinners (Deen and Fagina, or maybe even Wood) imo. If you are then I agree with a 7/4/4. If you're not, then I'm thinking 8/4/3. We've got a solid batting lineup with nearly all perfect 100s down to #6, as well as the only opener from the CWers (no, I didn't forget Ingram), so that should negate any added advantage the opposition gains from our pitch pacers get while giving us the best chance of taking 20 wickets.

I haven't really checked out the other team's squads yet though, so unless I'm wrong and we don't actually have that strong a pace attack as I think we do, then my input is the 8/4/3.

* Theoretically

Johnners

Could always go say 6/6/3, still reasonable pace, and movement, and offering something for the spinners. And our batsmen should still thrive

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
Could always go say 6/6/3, still reasonable pace, and movement, and offering something for the spinners. And our batsmen should still thrive
I think we need the pace, considering our fast bowling stocks. Not to mention the two men first on the starting list (captaincy) are both fast bowlers. 7/5/3 sounds about right, but 8/4/3 is still preferable over 6/6/3 imho.

Edit: Just notice that FATB are also choosing a pace wicked. Bad decision on their part, if I must be honest. So we might try to differentiate ourselves and with that I am actually leaning to 6/6/3 now.

Last edited:

Johnners

Team for the First T20

1. C Ardley+
2. O du Toit
3. L Townsend (7)
4. GI Joe
5. D Jellett
6. O Wood (6)
7. D Garson (5)
8. S Delev (c) (3)
9. M Deen (4)
10. M Morkel (2)
11. A Sharma (1)

Johnners

OD - First Round:

1. O du Toit
2. C Ardley+
3. D Jellett
4. GI Joe
5. B Smythe-Smith
6. D Garson (5)
7. O Wood (6)
8. S Delev (c) (3)
9. M Deen (4)
10. M Morkel (2)
11. A Sharma (1)

Awesome effort on the bowling front gents!! Slightly disappointed we lost 6 wickets in the chase, but that's hardly a major issue considering it was seemingly a rather difficult wicket to bat on.

Still looking for an eager beaver who might be keen to write some sort of article at the end of each round, would be preferable if it could also be slightly humorous!

edit: Note, will be trying to find the right balance for the teams in each format, so don't worry if you're in say the OD team, but not the FC one first up and vice-versa! (Also want to give everyone a chance to show what they can do)

Last edited:

Johnners

Won't be home until sometime Sunday night, so if the FC team is required between now and then could someone please post the following:

1. O du Toit
2. BFP Kirk
3. D Jellett
4. GI Joe
5. B Smythe-Smith (6 - only if we're getting pasted)
6. C Ardley+
7. D Garson (5)
8. S Delev (c) (3)
9. M Deen (4)
10. M Morkel (2)
11. A Sharma (1)

I think at this stage only A Fagina & S Zadran have yet to get a game, but stress less game-time will come.

Quaggas

State Captain
FTR, I don't think we should report the jelly bean incident. We won and that's all that matters.

Johnners

Awesome start to the Craig Walsh Trophy. A little disappointing at the way we lost our way with the Bat after that opening stand, but can't complain too much really with an innings victory!

I've re-jigged the batting line-up a little for the 2nd T20.

1. C Ardley+
2. O du Toit
3. D Jellett
4. GI Joe
5. L Townsend (7)
6. D Garson (5)
7. O Wood (6)
8. S Delev (c) (3)
9. M Deen (4)
10. M Morkel (2)
11. A Sharma (1)