• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Goodbye RT Ponting 'the ODI player' - you were a legend.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Thread title is misleading to say the least; what the **** Tendulkar's ODI bowling has to do with Ricky Ponting's ODI career is beyond me.

TNT

Banned
Somewhere in a cave in the mountains (probably Bora Bora) there are thousands and thousands of computers quietly monitoring websites around the worldl looking for key words like Ponting, best, batsman. When detected emails are dispached to Sachin fans to alert them to the blasphemy and they swing into action. The offending article, thread or post is spammed in every way possible.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I will try to find it. I remember an article on Cricinfo with it. I am not sure how to get it directly with Statguru. Anyone know? Also, there is a robelinda video with an hour's worth of run-outs...maybe you can watch through that and count LOL.

Found it: 58.
This is what I meant. You said earlier in the thread that Ponting had about 150 runouts in ODIs.:p

Ponting probably has that in direct hits :p.
He is not as good as you thought originally is he?

abmk

State 12th Man
Also, Sachin has had 2 world cups at home, Ponting never played a single world cup at home. Ponting comes out way ahead for me, to do all that AND do it all away from home is immense.
Thats a flimsy argument,WC's at home are far more unforgiving as far as pressure goes, which goes a long way in explaining why only one home team has won in 10 attempts.I'm being the devil's advocate here but you could also argue that Sachin has played 2 WC's in the SC and 4 outside, Ricky has played 3 outside the SC and 2 inside. Away records are more important in tests anyways where Sachin is comfortably ahead.Sachin averages 40+ everywhere and 50+ in more countries.Ricky averages less than 50 away from Oz actually!Love Ricky but gotta put things in perspective.
this ........Well put .....