• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Sylvester

State Captain
Prime example of why you don't want Siddle and Johnson in the same team. A brilliant piece of play with the breakthrough is followed by major leakages. And we can't afford that with our small total.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would be very interested to hear your justification for his shot then, tbh.

Backing Johnson to gun it here; will fluke one or two and run through the rest. Please.
For you to suggest it was the worst shot every by an Australian batsman just shows a complete lack of understanding.

He just watched 5 wickets fall cheaply, and another 10 before that through a ball having the batsman's name on it. Couple that with how he was dismissed in the first innings, through a serious of plays and misses through little prods to seaming deliveries then finally edging one, you're actually going to sit here and say he should have just stuck around like that when they were 5/20 with Johnson at the other end, Marsh looking like he wasn't going to bat and a lead of 200?? lol.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just gonna throw this out there....I thought Hussey's shot was worse than Haddin's
Haha AWTA actually.

Smith's flicking some through midwicket for four here but realistically I don't think you can be too critical of the balls in question; both of them were full on middle - a fraction full and a fraction towards leg if you want to be harsh but it's better to bowl there than offer up long hops on this wicket.

pup11

International Coach
I would love to see Matthew Wade playing at the GABBA vs. New Zealand.

**** Haddin, he's never been anything more than serviceable as a keeper and he's JUST WAIT SIDDLE YOU BEAUTY!! already 34 so it would be awesome to see a young Wade given an opportunity.
Couldn't agree more regarding Haddin, I don't mind seeing someone going through a rough patch as a player as long as he is giving it his all, but the way he bats and keeps these days it almost gives you a feeling that he couldn't care less about his performance.

Edit: Why are we bowling to Smith' strength..!?

Phantom

Banned
I would love to see Matthew Wade playing at the GABBA vs. New Zealand.

**** Haddin, he's never been anything more than serviceable as a keeper and he's JUST WAIT SIDDLE YOU BEAUTY!! already 34 so it would be awesome to see a young Wade given an opportunity.
Hahaha, nice insert, well bowled too

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Hussey deserves to be shot for that shot. Wide and full, his first ball. So loose. At least Haddin had some tactic.
I mean it was a crazy stupid tactic. But it was a crazy stupid situation. Hussey though.....I mean at that point.....I'm not gonna defend Haddin too much. But Hussey def deserves some abuse.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For you to suggest it was the worst shot every by an Australian batsman just shows a complete lack of understanding.

He just watched 5 wickets fall cheaply, and another 10 before that through a ball having the batsman's name on it. Couple that with how he was dismissed in the first innings, through a serious of plays and misses through little prods to seaming deliveries then finally edging one, you're actually going to sit here and say he should have just stuck around like that when they were 5/20 with Johnson at the other end, Marsh looking like he wasn't going to bat and a lead of 200?? lol.
It was hyperbole; when your team gets bowled out for under 50 I think most people are going to be exaggerating here and there. I wasn't expecting him to come out and try to nurdle it around but his shot was an awfully silly thing to do and it belied the severity of the situation. But whatever, agree to disagree.