• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2011-12

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dan Christian is a 28 year old Australian cricketer who currently plays for Australia and South Australia. On 5 June 2010 he joined Hampshire Royals for the Friends Provident T20. Christian is known as a powerful hitter, and also bowls medium pace occasionally, CricInfo's Peter English described him as a "natural all-rounder." His inclusion is seen as a landmark to Aboriginal inclusiveness in Australian cricket.

Riggins

International Captain
Been saying for year cooper's class. hopefully this is the year is clicks for him and he starts making some big tons and pushes his name up there.

Having said that he'll probably go and get caught on the cover boundary for 62.

benchmark00

Yeah I've rated c00ps for a while myself, was disappointed when he went to the darkside.

The SA batting line up has enough quality in it to do quite well this year.

Top_Cat

tbh, quality players isn't the biggest problem at SACA. Without checking, I suspect if you look at the season stats for SA players for the last 10+ years, you'll see there's a fair few tons scored and, prima facie, some blokes you'd think had a good season. The reason why the team keeps finishing bottom is because they rarely score them together in the same knocks.

Ferguson, Blizzard and Ludeman, for example, have had low starts to the year. Watch as at least one of them scores a great ton soon right when the other blokes have a run of outs. Been the same for years, SACA players are past masters at next **** syndrome.

Riggins

International Captain
really would like to be watching coops and christian bat here.

and blizzard has to go, disappointing coz he's a top bloke.

adub

International Captain
He's got Haze on, what are you whining about?

Just a good partnership, we need to be patient. Get one of these two and we could be through them pretty quick. Just need to keep our fingers crossed for the rain.

Spikey

cause from over 57 to 77 he didn't have any pacers on bar starc for one over. despite the heat it was fairly clear the seamers were gonna win the match for us. now we've got the new ball but SA are yeah the seamers are fresh.....but SA are pretty much in the lead with storms coming

adub

International Captain
cause from over 57 to 77 he didn't have any pacers on bar starc for one over. despite the heat it was fairly clear the seamers were gonna win the match for us. now we've got the new ball but SA are yeah the seamers are fresh.....but SA are pretty much in the lead with storms coming
tbf both batsmen were out in the first innings to losing their heads against spin. Hardly a hanging crime to try and buy a wicket again with two guys set.

I do think he could have again kept himself on for longer and see if he couldn't choke em out, but 20 overs is a far load so you can't really say he's underbowled himself either.

I do agree though that the new ball needs to break this partnership and more. If they're not at least 7 down by tea we're in for a draw no matter what the weather does. Much better to be batting by tea if we want to win it.

adub

International Captain
Will put a marker down on Cooper falling soon after his ton if he in fact makes it. It's taken far too long for him to make one and the relief will lead to loss of concentration (if the panic of trying to get there don't get him first).

Spikey

oh it's not SOK's bowling it's his captaincy. obviously no moz hurts but warner/smith bowling from one end for the first hour after lunch....I mean they could have given Haze a 3 over spell or something. As it is the seamers are back but SA are pretty much safe

douglas fir

Cricket Spectator
good knock from the dutch sewer rat, MoM turn out if they can scrape through.

also does anyone know the grog policy for sydney suburban grounds? can i bring my own piss? is it permissible? do they flog it themselves? i suppose it might depend on whether it's a list a or shield match as well, eh?

adub

International Captain
good knock from the dutch sewer rat, MoM turn out if they can scrape through.

also does anyone know the grog policy for sydney suburban grounds? can i bring my own piss? is it permissible? do they flog it themselves? i suppose it might depend on whether it's a list a or shield match as well, eh?
Last year at Blacktown they had some security to check your bags, but it wouldn't have been tough to sneak some in if you wanted to bad enough. It'll be on sale at the ground otherwise.