• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League Twenty20 2011

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, the point of this competition is to make money. The best way to make money is by having IPL teams do well in it so financially it's a perfectly acceptable move by them. The tournament itself as a cricketing event is a bloody joke though.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Just realised the hilarious contrast between Mumbai getting an extra handout because they've a few players missing, and Somerset having having half their batting missing but can go do one.

Flem274*

123/5
If I wanted to wind people up I'd use the above to accuse them of attempted match fixing...

It's certainly despicable favouritism. I can't see foreign sides taking this seriously much longer. Last I heard CD are still waiting on payments from last year's tournament.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, hilarious. Surely if it's so desperate it's better that they are allowed to bring in a local Indian player from Mumbai? I'm sure there must be a few of them kicking about. Ridiculously badly organised event, and as was said above it could actually be really good if done with a modicum of attention to running a cricketing competition rather than $$$$$. And it'd still earn plenty.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So after the ludicrous preliminary qualifying format hugely favoured the group playing second (guess where the IPL side was) now we've got rules broken to help an IPL side, who can still field an eligible side anyway and could have just called up a local. ****ing joke.

Spikey

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Very very very ****.

Haven't watched at all this season and will not definitely not watch.

Flem274*

123/5
This tournament could be so, so good as well, but it's blatantly rigged in the favour of certain sides.

If a few countries were to form their own tournament (Aus/SA/NZ or something), that would be awesome. Less travel time, pitches known to the players, good for our viewers (unless it's in SA). Make a window away from the IPL so the internationals could play. I would watch, even if the NZ sides got smoked.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
This tournament could be so, so good as well, but it's blatantly rigged in the favour of certain sides.

If a few countries were to form their own tournament (Aus/SA/NZ or something), that would be awesome. Less travel time, pitches known to the players, good for our viewers (unless it's in SA). Make a window away from the IPL so the internationals could play. I would watch, even if the NZ sides got smoked.
yea, what they are doing right now is kind of match fixing.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Some impressive "CLT20 rules" doing the rounds on Twitter from Dave Tickner:

Panel of experts led by Ravi Shastri to decide how many runs Sachin would've got in each Mumbai game and add it to their total. #clt20rules
Trinidad *and* Tobago? That's like two places really, isn't it? Their scores will be halved to protect integrity of competition.

Spikey

Due to their injury list teams playing Mumbai are only allowed 2 men outside the circle

We really shouldn't joke

Howe_zat

Audio File
Kolkata, instead of going through as the best second-placed side that they were, will actually be shifted into the other group instead of Trinidad - in order to allow the possibility of all 4 IPL teams making the semis.

Oh no wait, they actually did that too.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Kolkata, instead of going through as the best second-placed side that they were, will actually be shifted into the other group instead of Trinidad - in order to allow the possibility of all 4 IPL teams making the semis.

Oh no wait, they actually did that too.
Hopefully none of them get through... ;)