• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 1 - Pakistan v West Indies

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blaze 18

Banned
Two things to consider :

1) Pakistan have just beaten the world's best side and ended a legendary winning streak.
2) West Indies have not beaten a Test team in an ODI (Bangladesh excluded) since 2009.

Pakistan to win this one comfortably.

Xuhaib

International Coach
lol lots of people underrating Pakistan.I am wary of WI but I reckon if we turn up switched on we will beat them 8/10.Have to get Gayle early and keep Roach out.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Two things to consider :

1) Pakistan have just beaten the world's best side and ended a legendary winning streak.
2) West Indies have not beaten a Test team in an ODI (Bangladesh excluded) since 2009.

Pakistan to win this one comfortably.
If Pak win, you can bet it won’t be comfortably. They don’t do it like that!

salman85

International Debutant
Pakistan won't win this comfotably.

They'll win this very comfortably.Kamran Akmal to score a ton.

Hello India in the Semifinal.

Blaze 18

Banned
lol lots of people underrating Pakistan.I am wary of WI but I reckon if we turn up switched on we will beat them 8/10.Have to get Gayle early and keep Roach out.
After facing Lee and Tait, Pakistan should have little trouble with Roach. Gayle shouldn't be a problem if Pakistan open the bowling with a spinner.

Xuhaib

International Coach
May well turn out that way. If you ask me this one is the most even out of all the group games, Think SA, India and SL will cakewalk their games. This one could go either way, though I think WI have yet to peak this tournament and Pakistan may already have.
Not really Afridi and Razzaq are still to play their one outstanding knock of the tourney, Saeed Ajmal and Shoaib are still to make an impact in the tourney.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
After facing Lee and Tait, Pakistan should have little trouble with Roach. Gayle shouldn't be a problem if Pakistan open the bowling with a spinner.
But Pak's opening spin bowler doesn't turn it and doesn't get many wickets so Gayle should like that. Pak haven't played in Bangladesh as well, so the Windies will at least be more in-tune with the conditions.

SeamUp

International Coach
I think there could be a big upset on the cards here. On paper Pakistan are all over the Windies like a rash but I can see a Gayle coming off and he is due a big one.

Also with the game being in Bangla...its definitely bringing back good memories to the Windies.

Blaze 18

Banned
But Pak's opening spin bowler doesn't turn it and doesn't get many wickets so Gayle should like that. Pak haven't played in Bangladesh as well, so the Windies will at least be more in-tune with the conditions.
That match lasted all of thirty-one overs. I don't think that's going to help them much to be honest. Besides, the conditions will certainly suit Pakistan more.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I think there could be a big upset on the cards here. On paper Pakistan are all over the Windies like a rash but I can see a Gayle coming off and he is due a big one.

Also with the game being in Bangla...its definitely bringing back good memories to the Windies.
Really? Though it'll depend on the Windies selection

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Was at the length of the game. Your right, its not much of an advantage considering the opposition couldn't score more than 58.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
I think pakistan will win this, the only thing that can really stop them is an onslaught from gayle lasting about 8 to 10 overs, and i seriously cant see that happening. I am certain pakistan will come up with a plan to tackle that considering hes the only real threat that can change the game single-handedly. Pakistan also has a major psychological advantage coming into the game, WI have lost 2 games from a potential winning position i.e.vs England and India. The pitch should also suit pakistan.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I'm glad that so many people are underrating, because we always perform better that way. We need a good plan to eliminate Gayle, but Sarwan and Chanderpaul (if playing) could be dangerous. I don't think Roach should be a huge problem because we are used to fast bowling attacks. The real problem could be either Bishoo or Benn. let's hope that the WI go with Sammy instead of Shiv and that he fails to perform.

salman85

International Debutant
People are not underating Pakistan.Don't go by this thread alone.This is probably the most one sided match out of the four QFs along with SA-NZ.Both South Africa and Pakistan start as favorites for their matches,unlike the other QFs.