• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 25 - India v Netherlands

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
I understand your pointbut why are Holland including players born in Australia, Pakistan and South Africa? They can't have achieved that much then cricket wise in over a century of playing.

Associates should not be playing this world cup as they turn the competition into a farce and Zimbabwe should not be given money. Why should money be pumped into a cricket team run effectively by Mugabe's regime?
Because 150 years ago we kinda owned the world ;)
Do you know how many people live in The Netherlands? I bet you have to google it, there is your answer.

and yes some of them learned their cricket in those countries, what does that tell you? that they learned there cricket in an enviroment created thanks to the ICC milions so that they could train 5 days a week with the best coaches around.

Oh the Pakistan born players learned there cricket in The Netherlands as they moved here as children, same with some of the South African boys.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
No but ok, I really want to know your thoughts on this. I understand India haven't been as fluent as their fans would've liked, but surely an 87 run win and two 5-wicket wins are comfortable ones.

And the scare that India have given some of their fans is partly based on the high expectations we've had of them.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Sorry for the rushed posts. I am a 4th year medical student and have to rush back to the ward from the library at times.

They can improve but need to play amongst themselves and improve their grass roots structure. Sick of seeing teams like Scotland and America turn up now and then to the world cup. Without a good base structure there is no point. All these countries have non existant structures in their nation.
Thought i would stop posting. But let me give my opinion about what you said above. I agree with the fact that these countries does not have a good domestic structure. But that can't just happen overnight. There has got to be interest for the game for the kids come up and start thinking about cricket as a career. So if you want interest to creep in you need to have teams causing upsets in tournaments like this. That interests the whole nation. It might be just one and they play **** in other games. But that one game could spark an interest among people in that nation. Prime example being Ireland's victory over England. I went around several Irish forums to find out how the reaction of the people/media is after the victory. It was phenomenal. Many people who did not know much about cricket was happy that they beat England. Some termed it as the greatest Irish sporing occasion. Although the interest was more since they beat England whom they do a rivalry on. But that made young people rush to register in some of the cricket clubs in dublin and belfast and different parts of the country. And the match against India was also keenly followed by people. Thats how you generate interest in a country. Give them chance to play. Once ICc knows there is potential they have to take it from there.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I understand your point but why are Holland including players born in Australia, Pakistan and South Africa? They can't have achieved that much then cricket wise in over a century of playing.

Associates should not be playing this world cup as they turn the competition into a farce and Zimbabwe should not be given money. Why should money be pumped into a cricket team run effectively by Mugabe's regime?
Maybe the fact that they haven't achieved much is because they haven't been supported by the ICC enough? Associates are turning this competition into a farce? Associates were the reason a major team got knocked out last world cup and they are the reason why the entire format had to change this year. For all you know, if it was still the old format, England would have been out by now.

Personally I've loved every damn game this WC has offered, I love the long format. Come home everyday from school and get to see an exciting game between two top teams, or learn more about a minnow side and their players.

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
Because 150 years ago we kinda owned the world ;)
Do you know how many people live in The Netherlands? I bet you have to google it, there is your answer.

and yes some of them learned their cricket in those countries, what does that tell you? that they learned there cricket in an enviroment created thanks to the ICC milions so that they could train 5 days a week with the best coaches around.

Oh the Pakistan born players learned there cricket in The Netherlands as they moved here as children, same with some of the South African boys.

I didn't have to google it, I am am aware of general population sizes and have travelled throughout europe, having been born in the UK. Oh it does tell you something when foregin born players make up a chunk of your team. It doesn't matter if they learnt their cricket in Netherlands, they clearly came from a cricket culture so that is no surprise. I bet many dutch people do not even know their team is playing and that is the issue. Why pump money into a country which has no desire to be a major cricketing nation? Bangladesh are poor but they have the will to succeed at least. I think Cricket will grow in Afghanistan and China more.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe the fact that they haven't achieved much is because they haven't been supported by the ICC enough? Associates are turning this competition into a farce? Associates were the reason a major team got knocked out last world cup and they are the reason why the entire format had to change this year. For all you know, if it was still the old format, England would have been out by now.

Personally I've loved every damn game this WC has offered, I love the long format. Come home everyday from school and get to see an exciting game between two top teams, or learn more about a minnow side and their players.
Awta, completely.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
maybe the fact that they haven't achieved much is because they haven't been supported by the icc enough? Associates are turning this competition into a farce? Associates were the reason a major team got knocked out last world cup and they are the reason why the entire format had to change this year. For all you know, if it was still the old format, england would have been out by now.

Personally i've loved every damn game this wc has offered, i love the long format. Come home everyday from school and get to see an exciting game between two top teams, or learn more about a minnow side and their players.
wag

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
No but ok, I really want to know your thoughts on this. I understand India haven't been as fluent as their fans would've liked, but surely an 87 run win and two 5-wicket wins are comfortable ones.

And the scare that India have given some of their fans is partly based on the high expectations we've had of them.
I agree. It is comfortable, but I guess we expected a more crushing victory. However, we simply are not playing as well as we could. For the bigger matches, the players will take it more seriously.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
I didn't have to google it, I am am aware of general population sizes and have travelled throughout europe, having been born in the UK. Oh it does tell you something when foregin born players make up a chunk of your team. It doesn't matter if they learnt their cricket in Netherlands, they clearly came from a cricket culture so that is no surprise. I bet many dutch people do not even know their team is playing and that is the issue. Why pump money into a country which has no desire to be a major cricketing nation? Bangladesh are poor but they have the will to succeed at least. I think Cricket will grow in Afghanistan and China more.
seriously??? I don't think anyone in China even plays cricket.