• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yet the same argument was put forward on the South African India thread (i.e. Centurion). Yesterday we had someone saying India deserve to be number 1 as Dhoni is unlucky with tosses and yet when he does win the toss and inserts a side on a greentop they score 350+.
That argument is nonsense, as is the "India would have won if Zaheer had been fit" excuse.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Agreed there was an easy two if they'd gone for it, but given how slowly they ran the first the second wasn't on. Hughes had just turned when Pietersen was just about to pick up, but the pick up and release was so quick that he'd have stood no chance. The sheer comedy of the running has overshadowed a fine piece of fielding.
I don’t think Watson can run. Built like a brick ****house yet he moves like he is ready for the knackers’ yard.

Flem274*

123/5
I thought you lot said Bresnan was just an average backup bowler? Jeez man, every time I've watched him he's looked the goods and is getting the wickets to prove it.

hazsa19

International Regular
You can criticise Hughes' technique all you like, but on this occassion I think the bowler should be given some credit.

tooextracool

International Coach
Really cant see how this version of Phillip Hughes is going to succeed in test match cricket. The guy is resisting all of his scoring options and having to bat out there like Mahatma Gandhi in a shootout. Only a matter of time.

Ruckus

International Captain
Does Tony Greig have a weak allegiance to England or something? I always feel he gets somewhat excited when Australia are doing well...

Jacknife

International Captain
I thought you lot said Bresnan was just an average backup bowler? Jeez man, every time I've watched him he's looked the goods and is getting the wickets to prove it.
I always thought he was unfairly underrated, but he's even surprised me, by what he's done on this tour.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Before this series he was. Evidently, things have changed a lot for him.