• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah Grigg is better than Collins so far, and is more valuable to our setup as well.

But we were in a position of power if we only wanted Grigg. Not if we wanted Grigg and Houli, which we obviously did.

We couldn't guarantee both of them a spot at Richmond in the PSD. I want Houli at Richmond, so if we needed to give Carlton something in return for Grigg, so be it.

Bachar has huge arms and is a ***y unit, so want him at Richmond for that alone :ph34r:

Matt79

Global Moderator
you go for richmond yeah? i've got no idea why you've gone for Houli.He won't be much use for you for a couple of years - aka he'll be good once you become consistently good. Still PSD/Draft so no real loss for you.
OMG! :-O. Richmond tampered with the draft! They iz da scum an they president iz da scum an their scum is scum and scum whinge :crybaby:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I'm a Tiger fan.

You can't say how good or bad Houli is, or is going to be. He has never had a proper chance, a proper string of matches to show what he's got.
The reason he never had a long run in the team was because the problems evident from the time he was drafted he never fixed. ie poor decision marking, poor possession under pressure (great kick when not though), and questionable defence.

Now of course he has positives - great tank, certainly not skinny, great possession gathering ability and he'll never do anything stupid off-field. I'm just surprised Richmond would go for a player like Houli now, he's the sort of player who'd be serviceable in a top 4 team, but not so in a team developing.

But once again, PSD so no big risk. 300K a season is a bit bewildering but that figure is probably wrong anyway.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
OMG! :-O. Richmond tampered with the draft! They iz da scum an they president iz da scum an their scum is scum and scum whinge :crybaby:
I can only presume the crybaby simily is directed at yourself? :blink:

Anyway, Houli hasn't threatened to retire if he doesn't go to Richmond. Hence no draft tampering. There's a difference between requesting to go to a club, and threatening to retire if you don't go to the club you want.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The reason he never had a long run in the team was because the problems evident from the time he was drafted he never fixed. ie poor decision marking, poor possession under pressure (great kick when not though), and questionable defence.

Now of course he has positives - great tank, certainly not skinny, great possession gathering ability and he'll never do anything stupid off-field. I'm just surprised Richmond would go for a player like Houli now, he's the sort of player who'd be serviceable in a top 4 team, but not so in a team developing.

But once again, PSD so no big risk. 300K a season is a bit bewildering but that figure is probably wrong anyway.
Essendon played Michael Quinn.

If Quinn is getting a game, Houli should.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Cloke re-signed. Was always the most likely result by far - his dad isn't exactly a smooth media handler. Very important player for us, so well pleased.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Find it annoying how Wilson starts talking about an agreement having already been signed between Essendon and Thompson, when she was insisting the opposite at the time. :dry:

Really starting to think that we'll be on a bit of a decline now, and probably a 4th to 10th team. With a new coach, it's going to take some time to adjust. Not too perturbed about Wojak and Milburn getting new deals for 1 year, as long as they don't end up with 22 game seasons each.