• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tri-Series

Shri

Mr. Glass
Haha, an article on Sehwag calling him a batsman who isn't that good in ODIs has been taken off the cricinfo tri-series menu now. An Akash Chopra article, should be around in the site somewhere. Was a good read actually.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, an article on Sehwag calling him a batsman who isn't that good in ODIs has been taken off the cricinfo tri-series menu now. An Akash Chopra article, should be around in the site somewhere. Was a good read actually.
Yeah, I linked it here. It's still there.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
At the post-match presentation Sanga says he didn't know the rule.

Surely I'm not alone in not believing this? He DEFINITELY said something to Randiv when the scores were tied.

So unsportsmanlike, and downright stupid.

vcs

At the post-match presentation Sanga says he didn't know the rule.

Surely I'm not alone in not believing this? He DEFINITELY said something to Randiv when the scores were tied.

So unsportsmanlike, and downright stupid.
He sort of evaded the question. Said Sehwag deserved the century and batted very well, but words are cheap.

cricinfo also has an interesting point on ICC's rule here :

"A technical question to MCC, though. The ball is counted as one faced by Sehwag. Why so, when the match was over even before it was played and especially when the runs scored are not granted to Sehwag?"

If the ball is counted in Sehwag's "Balls Faced" stat, the runs should be awarded.

BeeGee

International Captain
Sanga had better search the net for whatever excuse Greg Chappell must have spouted out after the underarm incident, because God knows he's going to need it.
Chappell's excuse for the underarm: He and his team were exhausted after a "long hot season" and that he had worked out that if New Zealand had won the game they would have to play them twice more for Oz to win the series, but if the game was tied or Australia won, then only one more game was required to finish the series. He instructed Trevor to bowl underarm to ensure that he and the team had more time off to recuperate before the final game of the series!

Doesn't really work for Sanga.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He sort of evaded the question.
No he didn't, he changed the subject but he flat out said "I was unaware of that rule".

My deduction, if you are unaware of a rule, you won't purposely use that rule to deny an opposition player a hundred.

Anyway, I want to give Sanga the benefit of the doubt since I love him, but **** me it looks like he told Randiv to do it.

Randiv's foot was a mile over the line.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol @ selective quoting.

That's my point isn't it? If he did this, I will seriously see him in a different light. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but all evidence (except what he said) points to him giving the order.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Lol @ selective quoting.

That's my point isn't it? If he did this, I will seriously see him in a different light. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but all evidence (except what he said) points to him giving the order.
Was semi-kiddin' tbh.

vcs

I see nothing wrong in forgiving my favourite sportsmen their occasional misdemeanors, TBF. We don't exactly love them for their large-heartedness and generosity. But yeah, that was a bit small-minded from Sanga there. So pointless in the larger scheme of things.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I see nothing wrong in forgiving my favourite sportsmen their occasional misdemeanors, TBF. We don't exactly love them for their large-heartedness and generosity. But yeah, that was a bit small-minded from Sanga there. So pointless in the larger scheme of things.
Yeah, huge OTT reaction from me here. Sanga is visually the best batsman I've seen and would make my top 5 fav cricketers of all-time till yesterday. God, Do I detest him now though.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Speak for yourself. Don't ruin my "Hate Player X" moment.:p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It just seems petty.

Thoughts on whether he'd have done the same thing to Sachin? Or even Yuvraj or any other teammate at Punnjab Kings XI?

Teja.

Global Moderator
It just seems petty.

Thoughts on whether he'd have done the same thing to Sachin? Or even Yuvraj or any other teammate at Punnjab Kings XI?
Sachin - Not very different reaction expected from Sachin. Both extremely simple and kind-hearted people. Way way bigger uproar though, would cause massive Sanga hatred here for years to come.

Yuvraj - A lil' whine with the press from Yuvi. Not much of a public uproar. Doubt it would happen due to obvious reasons though.

vcs

Sachin - Not very different reaction expected from Sachin. Both extremely simple and kind-hearted people. Way way bigger uproar though, would cause massive Sanga hatred here for years to come.

Yuvraj - A lil' whine with the press from Yuvi. Not much of a public uproar. Doubt it would happen due to obvious reasons though.
This.

Sachin would definitely feel more disappointed about it than Sehwag I feel, though he'd handle it in his usual diplomatic way.

I just don't see the point of it. Stooping a bit to gain a competitive advantage for your team is understandable (though even worse morally) but this is just petty as Jono said.