• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ban announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hmmm yeah. Regardless of his identity, the crew have (unintentionally I'll assume) equated several months of questionable behaviour to a smartarse prank.
Sir Alex was banned based on a couple of days posting in the World Cup forum. We've found his conduct in Cricket Chat to be at times borderline but ultimately acceptable. So no, we really haven't.

And again, as you said, it's the deliberate and calculated defiance that's the problem. If you know you're going to be banned and you ignore moderator warnings, you're going to cop it. It's a lot different to making a mistake or having a posting style that needs adjusting.

Flem274*

123/5
You have baited me four to five times before but I ignored it as I have always held you in high regard. I have lost all respect for you with that post.

And yes I honestly feel Sledger was lucky not to be perma banned.
Just chill dude.

Kiss and make up in the morning hey? It's Wednesday tomorrow and Ripper will be visiting. Catch him in a good mood.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sir Alex was banned based on a couple of days posting in the World Cup forum. We've found his conduct in Cricket Chat to be at times borderline but ultimately acceptable. So no, we really haven't.

And again, as you said, it's the deliberate and calculated defiance that's the problem. If you know you're going to be banned and you ignore moderator warnings, you're going to cop it. It's a lot different to making a mistake or having a posting style that needs adjusting.
Things are obviously even more ****ed than we thought then, that is a joke, a dead set joke and you all must have your heads right up your arses if he is 'borderline'.

**** me, no, seriously, wat

Flem274*

123/5

Ah, woops. Forgot it was the World Cup.

After all, we know all the important stuff happened at the start when the All Whites were awesome and Italy lost.

I assume SA is in the SP, Richard, Ikki etc basket of being controversial and sometimes a bit of a pain but usually acceptable?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Things are obviously even more ****ed than we thought then, that is a joke, a dead set joke and you all must have your heads right up your arses if he is 'borderline'.

**** me, no, seriously, wat
There's a difference between being biased and baiting or trolling. The former is annoying but, on a basic level, uncontrollable by the poster in question. The latter is WindieWeathers.

He treads a fine line but I think you'll just need to face the fact that we generally don't think he's as bad as you do. The vast, vast majority of complaints we get about him relate to accusations of him being Precambrian. We aren't prepared to make a call on that at this stage, so we can only judge him based on what he's doing now and, as I said, it's not that bad if you can see past your grudge.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
There's a difference between being biased and baiting or trolling. The former is annoying but, on a basic level, uncontrollable by the poster in question. The latter is WindieWeathers.

He treads a fine line but I think you'll just need to face the fact that we generally don't think he's as bad as you do. The vast, vast majority of complaints we get about him relate to accusations of him being Precambrian. We aren't prepared to make a call on that at this stage, so we can only judge him based on what he's doing now and, as I said, it's not that bad if you can see past your grudge.
He's a bit more intelligent than WindieWeathers but nonetheless constantly makes inflammatory statements to Australians/English posters. Because he's not as stupid as WW he is a bit more subtle about it. Obviously too subtle for you lot.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Burgey and Pratters - stop bickering. Now. Any more bickering between you two in here and there will be bans. I don't care if that means you can't get in the last word because obviously someone's going to - if you have to reply to it, email him or something.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I believe I agree with the above post.

It's been interesting reading though at times, kind of like how certain parts in 'The Office' make you turn away and cringe a little.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.