• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hawkeye on cricinfo

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Haha ah yes this is why i love the CW moderators, the double standard is beautfiul.

Honestly aussie, giving someone a cricketing knowledge quiz to give people the right to question you comes off as pretty arrogant and even worse, incredibly childish.
No sir. If a poster can call my views on cricket idiotic, i defiantely have the right to put him on the spot by giving him a quizz. If he can't answer question from this "idiot" correctly, that would be embarassing :laugh:

Glenn McGrath might not be able to tell you the first spinner to get Tendulkar out stumped in a test match, but he sure as hell would know more about cricket than you, me or pretty much anyone else on the forum.
McGrath indeed may not know who the first bowler to get Tendy stumped in a test. But its highly debatable if he knows more about cricket history than everyone on this forum like a SJS, archie_mac, A MassiveZebra, Richard, TEC etc or genuine cricket historians like a John Arnott, CLR James, David Frith.

Pigeon or not much cricketers come across to be as the historian types. When exactly in their hectic careers would they sit down & read loads of books & turk cricinfo stats etc??.

They just have better knowledge of actual game circumstances than any arm-chair experts or historian. Given that they played it in match situations.

Knowing a few random facts does not suddenly make you a god of cricketing knowledge.

I believe i know more than just a few stats. By my intention of that quizz was to put sweet Ginger on the spot for reasons i stated above - rather than me trying profess myself as any "god of cricketenig knowledge. Dont twist this..

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha ah yes this is why i love the CW moderators, the double standard is beautfiul.
Yes, because clearly saying one bowler who has played a significant amount of cricket was better than another who has played a significant amount of cricket is the same thing as saying a bowler who hasn't played any cricket is bad because another, completely different, bowler was bad. Clearly.

Because having two different standards for two completely different situations is a double standard. More education for you.

PS, quoting this for posterity:
No sir. If a poster can call my views on cricket idiotic, i defiantely have the right to put him on the spot by giving him a quizz. If he can't answer question from this "idiot" correctly, that would be embarassing

Mr Mxyzptlk

Haha, i love you CWers & the internet tuff talk.

I have be told not to insult anyone anymore. Lets see what the moderators will do about you breaking forum rules.

But either way since you think i'm such an idiot when it comes to my views on cricket. Let me give you my usual cricket quizz. If you can't answer this 10 questions accurately, then you won't have any credibily left to question anything i ever say again:

1. Who is credited with inventing the googly?

2. This West Indian fast-bowler cut short the career of a batsman by hitting him the skull in a test match in the 60s. Who was the bowler & the batsman in this incident?

3. He was a Yorkshire & ENG cricketer & captain (who played for ENG in early 20th century), soldier, Politian. Who was he?

4. This 19th century Australian bowler once bowled a delivery that left a dent in the batsman's back. Who was he?.

5. Who took ENGs first post-war hattrick?

6. In one freak occrance in test history. This bowler finished with figures of 32-27-5-0 and bowling a record 21 consecutive maiden overs in this spell. Who was he?.

7. He is credited as being New Zealand's premier spin bowler in their immediate post war years. Who was he?.

8. This classy Pakistan opener. Retired from cricket to pursue a career in acting who was he?

9. He was the first spinner to get Tendulkar out stumped in a test match. Who was he?

10. He was first debutant in test history to be out out first ball of a test. Who was he?

30 minutes to answer & you need to get more than 5 correct....
And quoting this for posterity too, because it just wreaks of insecurity, and that's pretty hilarious.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Nein. All I stated were statistical facts. What you stated were baseless suppositions.

I've linked you to help you with your comprehension. Learning is fun.
:laugh: Oh i right so i didn't state facts back then too. If those supposition then i as already knew i have to question your reasoning on all cricket matters from now on.

I've linked you as well to help with your comprehension. But I was never a believer that learning was ever fun though.

But i do wonder though, how much longer are you going to keep following me around in every ****ing thread repeating my position on that Schofield sir???. WTF is wrong with you, let is die FFS. You dont see me running behind Richard like some girl, reminding him about his FCA & theory on Matt Hayden which i disagree with. My opinion on it will not change, so back up..

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
And quoting this for posterity too, because it just wreaks of insecurity, and that's pretty hilarious.
Nah nah dont carry it there at all. I have owned many posters on this site with the "quiz" who always like to run personal insults or questioning my knowledge on cricket when a quote wars gets heated. Their are certain posters on this site i know would get almsot all right - while some wont like Ginger. So i put him on the spot..

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha Aussie, the thing is no one is having a go at you for your facts/knowledge of an actual event where their is clearly an answer, it's just your perception and your opinion that people call you up on.

Now to the hawkeye, and it's an awesome add-on to the website. I really think we'll be able to give better opinions in the official threads.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Nah nah dont carry it there at all. I have owned many posters on this site with the "quizz' who always like to run personal insults or questioning my knowledge on cricket when a quote wars gets heated. Their are certain posters on this site i know would get almsot all right - while some wont like Ginger. So is put him on the spot..
No doubt you're the best at the "quizz" (sic) and have owned many. No doubt. You could hit big six too I sure.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
No doubt you're the best at the "quizz" (sic) and have owned many. No doubt. You could hit big six too I sure.
:laugh:God damn you have to be a fast typer, since i just edited back that word & already you quoted before i edited. But of course thats all you can do with my post after being owned in the actual cricket discussion - try to highlight spelling errors like my old grumpy English teachers.

Weird Trini i must say, nothing like my G's down there..

Mr Mxyzptlk

:laugh:God damn you have to be a fast typer, since i just edited back that word & already you quoted before i edited..
I guess 25 minutes is pretty quick to edit a post in...er...Gunchester. And your spelling is the least of my highlighting concerns.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I guess 25 minutes is pretty quick to edit a post in...er...Gunchester. And your spelling is the least of my highlighting concerns.
I'm not sure what happened. I did edit two words, but then i was knocked offline. Came back on & saw your post with "quizz" still there, so i dont know..

I hope what is your more urgent highlighting concerns is actual posting without, trolling me based on past debates. I dont like insulting West Indians so behave..

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Im confused with the Dre avatar and the 'Gunchester' tag. Didnt he go to the independent Manchester Grammar School?

thierry henry

International Coach
Too much analysis imo. I suggest we wait 30 or 40 years and then read books about them if we want to compare players :ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Was it not before?
It has a section dedicated purely to comedic articles and piss-takes. Didn't have that 24 months ago. Some may not be interested but others are.

Then you've got areas for the stat fans, opinions from experts (whatever you think of them), blogs etc. etc.

It caters to more people now. Doesn't mean it wasn't the best website 3 years ago. Its just way way better and more diverse now.