• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in India

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Shouldn't be a problem if the Indian selectors wanted to call him up even if he is involved in a match right now. A 180 and 150 in a match must prove that he is in some sort of form.
Well Rohit got injured right this morning, so they had no time.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Dire. Mumbai just produces prissy little entitled babies. Eden Gardens is the home of cricket.
Yeah, I'm sure Hazare, Merchant, Umrigar, Phadke, Wadekar, Gavaskar, Vengsarkar, Shastri, Tendulkar are all quaking in their boots at the sight of Roy, Ganguly and Saha.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Respect the Saha. I know Mumbai produces 99.999% of Test players. But that's why India has sucked at Test cricket for most of their history.

Eden Gardens is still the home of Indian cricket. It's not about the players produced.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Look at the Duleep Trophy final, the Baroda boys bailing out the West Zone...the precious Mumbaikars too busy admiring their hairstyles in the mirror probably.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Respect the Saha. I know Mumbai produces 99.999% of Test players. But that's why India has sucked most of their history :p.

Eden Gardens is still the home of Indian cricket. It's not about the players produced.
Nah, Mumbai still is. A grey concrete stadium you can fit 90,000 in doesn't entitle you to that status. Being the crucible and nursery of Indian cricket certainly does.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
A gray concrete stadium that constantly has the best support of fans does though. What you're saying is that Lord's is not the home of cricket if Middlesex doesn't provide the majority of English players.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
A gray concrete stadium that constantly has the best support of fans does though. What you're saying is that Lord's is not the home of cricket if Middlesex doesn't provide the majority of English players.
I'm pretty sure Middlesex has provided more than 3 players in its entire history.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That's because Mumbai are dire and only select their own. Also, Mumbai has always been the richest and most cosmopolitan city and thus has had the most facilities and resources. That doesn't imply more passion.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
100 up for SA, not a good sign. India need wickets fast, or these two could pull away. With the batting lineup India have this Test, giving up 400+ first innings could be a huge disaster.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I have to end it here, SS. To me its such an absurd argument ignoring Mumbai's contribution to cricket in India. It dwarfs everything else. I can't think of any other place being the home of Indian cricket, but Mumbai.