• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Haha Atherton.

"You'd think Flintoff would bowl full and straight to Watson".

Flintoff's bowled 3 full balls in his career I reckon, one of which should've had Watto in the first dig. If he could bowl consistently fuller he'd have a bowling average about 10 lower than it is now.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nothing great about it mate, they already have more than enough runs to play with, and would have looked a bit negative had they batted on with no.10 and 11 at the crease.
Great in the let Australia have a bit of a bat today sense.

Wouldn't a run out just be the worst way to lose a wicket, a couple (hundred) more overthrows would be nice.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good Times, Aussies whinging, I scored 131 in Scrabble, Exeter win a match in the third division for the first time in 15 years, I get my first (I think) accusation of trolling in over 4,500 posts. Could just do with a couple of Freddie wickets and Ian Bell being less like, well Ian Bell, and my life would be complete:)

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Liking this plan from Australia. Take the 'risky' single, get overthrows, win game.
what are Australia doing here? Watson is almost run out for the second time this over! Watson nudges to cover and sets off, Bell's throw misses at the bowler's end and Watson, diving, was well out. And then there's four overthrows
that's what cric info commentator says

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldn't take it as gospel but I'm fairly sure the person who was bleating about the toss wasn't Australian.

And as for social, he's a blatant troll and you're an idiot for buying into it. But hey, I guess I can't talk, I've just played into your trolling as well.

If you're referring to me I wasn't bleating about it. I just think that if you have a pitch that starts crumbling after tea on the First Day it makes winning the toss a healthier advantage than is good for a game a cricket. Of course it's not a 160 all out wicket but even if the first innings lead had been around 50 it would still have been a huge advantage on this wicket.

It would interesting to see if there's anyone posting on this board who hasn't been accused of being a troll.

pup11

International Coach
Watto' front-foot defense to the incoming ball is really making me nervous, feels like it would only be a matter of time before he gets pinged on the pads.

Last edited: