• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CRISIS POINT reached

Langeveldt

Soutie
Have had Stroh 80 in Austria tbph (which is 80% so160 proof ) think someone is telling you porkies, you can buy it online (£31 for 70Cl). They also make it in 40%, 54% and 60% versions.

Good way to warm up after a days skiing
Fair enough, but have you ever seen it in a bar in the UK?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Find most spirits a bit dire these days tbh, mainly because I have gone off them having drank them and making myself sick, perhaps if I didn't mix them they wouldnt be so bad.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I can never drink more than a couple of the same spirit(+mix) in one go. That is, I can drink a vodka-orange then a vodka-RedBull then a vodka-strawberry-juice, etc. (x2 if needbe) but I have to constantly change flavour.

Gets hopelessly boring and eventually stops going down if I don't vary it. I generally get closest to being sick \ hungover if I just drink cider - for the obvious reason that it's far more of a dehydrant than spirit-mixes.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nope. While others are drinking lager and whisky I'm unashamedly following ciders with Reefs, Bacardi Breezers etc. Couldn't give a damn TBH, and those I drink with have long since gotten bored of the tired cliches.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
In fairness, Reef will get you smashed if you drink enough of it.

Go for Lager more than anything these days, or wine, can't stand most Ciders any more.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
In fairness, Reef will get you smashed if you drink enough of it.
Yeah - 15 bottles or so. Have had nights where I've just drunk Reef from start to finish because it's been dirt cheap and I quite like it. Without cider to start off with, it barely touches the sides. Same is true of spirit mixes.

For some reason, if I'm to get remotely decently drunk I have to start with cider.

Obviously prefer to have no more than 2-3 Reefs per night, as with all drinks as I say above.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah - 15 bottles or so. Have had nights where I've just drunk Reef from start to finish because it's been dirt cheap and I quite like it. Without cider to start off with, it barely touches the sides. Same is true of spirit mixes.

For some reason, if I'm to get remotely decently drunk I have to start with cider.

Obviously prefer to have no more than 2-3 Reefs per night, as with all drinks as I say above.
Haha indeed, it goes for about £1 a bottle on certain nights in certain pubs around here, is a nice quick fix when you are beginning a night, though I try to generally avoid it as its a bit sugary for my taste. Have been put off Cider since trying some that was about 9% in terms of strength, was foul tstl.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nope. While others are drinking lager and whisky I'm unashamedly following ciders with Reefs, Bacardi Breezers etc. Couldn't give a damn TBH, and those I drink with have long since gotten bored of the tired cliches.
I don't get out as much these days, but when I do I try to make up for it. I really find anymore than 3-4 beers to start of with, and I feel really bloated, so I tend to hit the spirits more now, or the red wine.

That 80% stuff should be sold more widely though. If you're at the pub and you run out of petrol , you could always start your car with it. Ridiculous stuff really.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mixing Cider and Vodka is the worst mistake I've yet to make in my short life
I suppose some people are extra-sensitive to certain things, but I suspect this sentence would read more accurately as "mixing rather too much cider and rather too much vodka is the worst mistake I've yet to make in my short life" TBH.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha indeed, it goes for about £1 a bottle on certain nights in certain pubs around here, is a nice quick fix when you are beginning a night, though I try to generally avoid it as its a bit sugary for my taste.
Haha, that's very difficult (though not completely impossible) for me.

Being too sugary, that is.
Have been put off Cider since trying some that was about 9% in terms of strength, was foul tstl.
I've had clear ciders that've been 8-9% before now - mostly I find they just taste like white wine without the tang. I didn't particularly dislike them (and I LOVE the proper 7.3% cloudy golden scrumpy ciders - especially as they're always in abundance down here) but well... if I want white wine I have white wine.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, that's very difficult (though not completely impossible) for me.

Being too sugary, that is.

I've had clear ciders that've been 8-9% before now - mostly I find they just taste like white wine without the tang. I didn't particularly dislike them (and I LOVE the proper 7.3% cloudy golden scrumpy ciders - especially as they're always in abundance down here) but well... if I want white wine I have white wine.
Scrumpy ciders are those I avoid, simply because they are potent to the point where I can't taste anything bu nastiness, other Ciders like the big brands (bulmers etc...) I just avoid because they're not that great for my taste personally. Have never found any cider to taste like white wine though, if I had, I probably wouldn't mind it.