• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Final Discussion

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Awesome tournament for us. I'll be the first to admit I never gave Pakistan a chance to get past the semi finals but boy am I glad they proved me wrong. My whole family was together for father's day and we all celebrated the victory together, including my bro-in-law who was watching only his second ever cricket match. Was a ****y **** at work all night long and told everyone the story regardless of if they gave a ****.

Anybody else get a laugh out of Younus Khan retiring?

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
The most Funiest thing for me was FAWAD ALAM playing almost all matches & batted once for 10 balls & bowled juts 1 over :D poor boy just had to field, but he did his job.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Awesome tournament for us. I'll be the first to admit I never gave Pakistan a chance to get past the semi finals but boy am I glad they proved me wrong. My whole family was together for father's day and we all celebrated the victory together, including my bro-in-law who was watching only his second ever cricket match. Was a ****y **** at work all night long and told everyone the story regardless of if they gave a ****.

Anybody else get a laugh out of Younus Khan retiring?
haha...as I mentioned he took the 92 comparison right to his heart.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
haha...as I mentioned he took the 92 comparison right to his heart.
no, actually if i remember, before leaving Pakistan he said that he wants to end his twenty20 career after this tournament cuz he'll 've to choose between these formats & as he's getting old, he'll 've to choose 1 or 2 formats

Xuhaib

International Coach
By the way Xuhaib, did u go out last night on roads & enjoyed DHOOL DHAMAKA?
Nahi yaar had friends and couzins at my place we had a BBQ, later on some of my friends went to Sea View to join the fun while I stayed home as had to go to work early mornin.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Nahi yaar had friends and couzins at my place we had a BBQ, later on some of my friends went to Sea View to join the fun while I stayed home as had to go to work early mornin.
but i went on the roads :D
it was awsome, Dhool beaters & Bhangra :D

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Whats happened to Chanaka Welegedara? I was him a few years ago and now he's nowhere to be seen in the national set-up. He was easily the best self arm swing bowler I've seen in a SL side since Vaas. He has decent pace too, up over 140km and accurate. If I remember correctly he was a product of the MRF Pace Academy to boot. He performed impressively against a strong side in England too. I don't understand how he's not in the mix.anymore.
Once he came back from injury, he got put back into the A team for South Africa, he got spanked and dropped. Then has done nothing at domestic level and recently got dropped from his provincial side as well. Barely taken a FC wicket for over a year, since he made his debut.

Code:
2008-09 (South Africa) 486 13 290 7 3-56 [B]41.42  [/B]0 0 
2008-09 (Sri Lanka) 1480 36 962 28 4-51 [B]34.35  [/B]0 0

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Read somewhere that there were Pakistanis at the match wearing t-shirts saying "I bought my ticket from an Indian". :lol:

Last edited: