• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Disagree. Jesse Ryder's form is amazing, he is the only one that seems to decide when he gets out.

NZ could very easily rack up 600+ here, just like the second Test.
600 seems too high but I will be surprised if NZ make less than 500.. Their batting is in great form, their lower order always seems to score too much and our bowling is very toothless once the shine is off the ball...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Considering what our lower order did, and how badly the wickets were thrown away by our top order, this wicket is a belter and its getting better to bat on. The next two days are the best days to bat on it, and NZ to make an easy 600 IMO. I'll be shocked at anything less than 550.

funnygirl

State Regular
Amazing day of test match excpet for Dravids and laxman's shots .And Munaf patels' boundaries are the flukest i have ever seen :laugh:

Lambu

U19 Debutant
Yeah. The same Franklin who's scored two first class doubles, a test match century and averaged over 60 in NZ first class cricket this year. He's totally ****e!
Doesn't matter..there is too big a difference between NZ FC cricket and Intl cricket..forget the stats look at his batting ffs.Harbhajan atleast has done it against Aus before on several occasions.

Lambu

U19 Debutant
This one is in the bag alright.Nothing much to worry about for Indians..how many times does a team score 375 runs on the first day and lose??

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
600 seems too high but I will be surprised if NZ make less than 500.. Their batting is in great form, their lower order always seems to score too much and our bowling is very toothless once the shine is off the ball...
ya like in the first test ...why HB your so much worried about our guys. we will perfom well dont worry we have SS :cool:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Doesn't matter..there is too big a difference between NZ FC cricket and Intl cricket..forget the stats look at his batting ffs.Harbhajan atleast has done it against Aus before on several occasions.
:laugh:

Are you seriously suggesting that Harbhajan is even comparable to Franklin as a batsman?

Go away.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Considering what our lower order did, and how badly the wickets were thrown away by our top order, this wicket is a belter and its getting better to bat on. The next two days are the best days to bat on it, and NZ to make an easy 600 IMO. I'll be shocked at anything less than 550.
Vintage SS:cool:

Evermind

International Debutant
Avatar bet - NZ to not make 550?

One week, after Yuvraj "test class" Singh expires.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Historically, batting averages have been considerably lower in New Zealand first class cricket than international cricket, for the record. This is because wickets have been poorly prepared and geared towards seam/swing bowling. This is why so few Kiwi batsmen average over 40 in first class cricket (Ryder, Sinclair, Fulton - for example).

The fact that Franklin has a sound batting technique and has been able to compile double hundreds in New Zealand is testament to him being a quite significantly better batsman than Harbhajan. The comparison is ridiculous. I'd take Harbhajan in certain situation as he's able to come out and score quick runs immediately (or fail, but he's capable of quick runs) whereas Franklin values his wicket somewhat more highly and doesn't come out with the pure intention of smacking the ball.

In this series, Franklin hasn't looked the goods; he's been playing very tentatively. Maybe it could be something to do with the fact that he's place in the team is always on the line.

I honestly don't understand your agenda at running the guy down. He's solid, reliable and one of the nicest guys in cricket. Three words or phrases that wouldn't apply to Harbhajan's batting or personality.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Historically, batting averages have been considerably lower in New Zealand first class cricket than international cricket, for the record. This is because wickets have been poorly prepared and geared towards seam/swing bowling. This is why so few Kiwi batsmen average over 40 in first class cricket (Ryder, Sinclair, Fulton - for example).

The fact that Franklin has a sound batting technique and has been able to compile double hundreds in New Zealand is testament to him being a quite significantly better batsman than Harbhajan. The comparison is ridiculous. I'd take Harbhajan in certain situation as he's able to come out and score quick runs immediately (or fail, but he's capable of quick runs) whereas Franklin values his wicket somewhat more highly and doesn't come out with the pure intention of smacking the ball.

In this series, Franklin hasn't looked the goods; he's been playing very tentatively. Maybe it could be something to do with the fact that he's place in the team is always on the line.

I honestly don't understand your agenda at running the guy down. He's solid, reliable and one of the nicest guys in cricket. Three words or phrases that wouldn't apply to Harbhajan's batting or personality.
I can't believe you actually needed to make this post.