• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shootout in Lahore

masterblaster

International Captain
I couldn't care less about your definition or the so called 'right' definition of 'Jihad', it is of no use to me or the world. There is no excuse for terrorism anywhere in the world. You can keep making your excuses and keep changing your definition of 'Jehad', It will not change the fact that terrorists have been killing innocent people all over the world and they are calling their heinous attack as some sort of 'Holy War' aka Jehad. You can keep your head buried in the sand and keep getting offended while the terrorists are pissing over your definition of 'Jehad', Day in and Day out. It has become a fashion to blame Al Qaida for every terrorist act, but it has been proven beyond doubt that in the India-Pak conflict, Al Qaida plays a very little part in it and most of the groups are homegrown.

First of all you have to define 'WE'. Who is this 'WE' that you are talking about ?

Did you read my post at all ? Did I not mention the word 'Subcontinent' ? I couldn't care less about where the terrorists come from, it is the duty of those, who are inviting (in some cases forcing) other teams to play in their country, to arrange for a safe and secure environment, if they can't then no team should be forced to come and play cricket in Subcontinent, every series should be moved out of India/Pakistan/SriLanka/Bangladesh.
I absolutely agree with everything you have said here. Some people just can't see the point.

haroon510

International 12th Man
I couldn't care less about your definition or the so called 'right' definition of 'Jihad', it is of no use to me or the world. There is no excuse for terrorism anywhere in the world. You can keep making your excuses and keep changing your definition of 'Jehad', It will not change the fact that terrorists have been killing innocent people all over the world and they are calling their heinous attack as some sort of 'Holy War' aka Jehad. You can keep your head buried in the sand and keep getting offended while the terrorists are pissing over your definition of 'Jehad', Day in and Day out. It has become a fashion to blame Al Qaida for every terrorist act, but it has been proven beyond doubt that in the India-Pak conflict, Al Qaida plays a very little part in it and most of the groups are homegrown.

First of all you have to define 'WE'. Who is this 'WE' that you are talking about ?

Did you read my post at all ? Did I not mention the word 'Subcontinent' ? I couldn't care less about where the terrorists come from, it is the duty of those, who are inviting (in some cases forcing) other teams to play in their country, to arrange for a safe and secure environment, if they can't then no team should be forced to come and play cricket in Subcontinent, every series should be moved out of India/Pakistan/SriLanka/Bangladesh.
So you r implying that what we (afghan people) did during the Soviet invasion to defend our land from Russia.. was an act of terrorism?

LETS MAKE ONE THING CLEAR HERE.. I AM NOT SUPPORTING THE TERRORISM ACT OF AL. QAIDA.. I AM JUST SAYING THAT THE WRONG WORD IS USED TO DESCRIBE IT.. BY BOTH AL. QAIDA AND MEDIA..

I AM AS MUCH AGAINST AL. QAIDA TERROR AS ANYONE ELSE HERE

you have to understand where i am coming from.. i was thought that jihad means struggle and it is only used to defend urself.. we afghans from 1979.. to 1989.. fought and did Jihad.. to defend our land and our people.. that was the real Jihad.. now what pisses me off is when people like u associate our form of JIHAD which was for the freedom and protection of our people.. to these low life people and call their what so callled wrong doing JIHAD..

i think calling these al qaida people Jihades are an insult to islam and muslims and i strongly recomond that u don't use it plz..

i just wanted to ask you this.. if you r describing the act of these Al. Qaida and taliban as jihadies and describe them as mujahideen..then what do you call our Jihad against Russia? do you call that an act of terror?

we afghans didn't go to Russia and blow up buildings, we didn't go to the city and start firing on innocent citizens.. we just stayed inside our country and villages and defended our people and religion...Do you describe that as a Terrorist act also?

For your information.. these Mujahideen who fought against Russia.. are still fighting.. but agaisnt Taliban and Al. Qaida and they have been fighting since 1996 when U.S and Pakistan were supporting them.. they found out that what taliban was doing in afghanistan is wrong..so they have been fighting them over since..

I would like to know what do you call their Jihad.. if you r describing anything that comes out of Al. Qaida a farm of Jihad??

I absolutely agree with everything you have said here. Some people just can't see the point.
off course you will agree with him.. afew days ago.. i comment here about Suni Gavasker and BCCI.. i was labeled as prejudice against india.. by some low life here.. soo i decided that i am not going to take part on any issues regarding indian cricket.. considering that you people take me always wrong...

now that This Sanz person is blasting pakistan, their cricket and has dedicated all time and life to this issue by posting every single video in youtube.com.. no one is calling him prejudice.. u know why cuz he is indian.. and i am not.. so he wil tell you whatever he wants.. and u will agree with him..

Umm, what?

Terrorism is terrorism my friend, no matter what way, shape, form or who does it for that matter.
the same question goes to you.. do you describe the act of afghans who defended themselves against Russia.. in name of Jihad from 1979 to 1989... a terrorism Act?

Evermind

International Debutant
So you r implying that what we (afghan people) did during the Soviet invasion to defend our land from Russia.. was an act of terrorism?

LETS MAKE ONE THING CLEAR HERE.. I AM NOT SUPPORTING THE TERRORISM ACT OF AL. QAIDA.. I AM JUST SAYING THAT THE WRONG WORD IS USED TO DESCRIBE IT.. BY BOTH AL. QAIDA AND MEDIA..

I AM AS MUCH AGAINST AL. QAIDA TERROR AS ANYONE ELSE HERE

you have to understand where i am coming from.. i was thought that jihad means struggle and it is only used to defend urself.. we afghans from 1979.. to 1989.. fought and did Jihad.. to defend our land and our people.. that was the real Jihad.. now what pisses me off is when people like u associate our form of JIHAD which was for the freedom and protection of our people.. to these low life people and call their what so callled wrong doing JIHAD..

i think calling these al qaida people Jihades are an insult to islam and muslims and i strongly recomond that u don't use it plz..

i just wanted to ask you this.. if you r describing the act of these Al. Qaida and taliban as jihadies and describe them as mujahideen..then what do you call our Jihad against Russia? do you call that an act of terror?

we afghans didn't go to Russia and blow up buildings, we didn't go to the city and start firing on innocent citizens.. we just stayed inside our country and villages and defended our people and religion...Do you describe that as a Terrorist act also?
1) What Russia did to Afghanistan was an invasion, pure and simple. Fighting back an invasion has nothing to do with Jihad. People have been doing it for millennia. Incidentally, Russia wasn't trying to wage a war against Islam. They weren't trying to "persecute muslims" or convert anyone to their own religion. So religion is pretty irrelevant to the issue.

2) The Al Qaida people are calling themselves jihadis. No one else is doing it for them. If you want people to stop calling it "jihad", you might want to take up the issue with Osama Bin Laden, who started the whole thing in the first place.

You're confusing a whole bunch of issues, either on purpose or inadventently.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
WE ARE NOT DISCUSSING A MILITARY INVASION OF TWENTY-FIVE YEARS AGO IN THIS THREAD.

This thread is to discuss the events in Lahore - we have been pretty clear that we don't want it to go massively OT...

Cheers :)

haroon510

International 12th Man
1) What Russia did to Afghanistan was an invasion, pure and simple. Fighting back an invasion has nothing to do with Jihad. People have been doing it for millennia. Incidentally, Russia wasn't trying to wage a war against Islam. They weren't trying to "persecute muslims" or convert anyone to their own religion. So religion is pretty irrelevant to the issue.

2) The Al Qaida people are calling themselves jihadis. No one else is doing it for them. If you want people to stop calling it "jihad", you might want to take up the issue with Osama Bin Laden, who started the whole thing in the first place.

You're confusing a whole bunch of issues, either on purpose or inadventently.
i would go with James here.. i kind of got carried away with politics and plus it is a cricket Website not politics..i apologize

but to simply answer your question.. the afghan religion was threaten..according to my dad, for a while they weren't allowed to pray in Masques.. and in my father's village.. one of his far relatives were warned for praying in public in his own grocery store...

they would come and take young guys from Mosques and most of these young people vanished and was never seen..

Russia has the history of this.. in 1940s . they kicked out 400 thousand Chichinian Muslims from their home land and tried to replace them with Ukraine and other European people..

i just think that most of you people who come to this website are educated and by now you guys should know that what these low life Al.Qaidas are portraying here is wrong.. and calling them Mujahedeen is just an insult.. that is what i wanted to get out of my chest..

you guys go nuts and call them whatever you want now..

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Mendis is in Army right?? he would have had these kind of experience before with sri lanka having long problems with LTTE????
Not Really unless he is hit by a bullet in the head.

"......The Sri Lankan spinner, is reportedly among the worst injured in the Lahore terror attack. He is suffering from constant headaches after a second operation to remove 12 pieces of shrapnel from his head. He is responding slowly to treatment and is in danger of missing the IPL which begins on April 10."

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
we afghans
Are you calling yourself an Afghan ? I really doubt you are one, because no afghan (with the exception of Taliban and its sympathizers who claim to be afghans but in reality they are pashtuns) will have so much hatred for India and Indians. Indians and Afghans have strong cultural, political and religious ties that go back not years or decades but centuries.

And if it was not clear yet, I have no respect for Taliban terrorists and its sympathizers.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Mendis is in Army right?? he would have had these kind of experience before with sri lanka having long problems with LTTE????
There was this interview with his mother and sister on cricinfo a few days back where they mentioned that Mendis was recruited into the army only after they were guaranteed that he wouldn't be sent to the warfront.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Are you calling yourself an Afghan ? I really doubt you are one, because no afghan (with the exception of Taliban and its sympathizers who claim to be afghans but in reality they are pashtuns) will have so much hatred for India and Indians. Indians and Afghans have strong cultural, political and religious ties that go back not years or decades but centuries.

And if it was not clear yet, I have no respect for Taliban terrorists and its sympathizers.
wow... that just tell me how much u know.. u just come with stuff out of ur ass...everytime u post something.. by saying pashtoons can't be afghan..

first of all i am tajick.. i am not pashtoon.. i am afghan from tajick nationality.. pure afghan.. i was born there and live ind afghanitan until i was 14..

second.. afghanistan has more pashtoons than tajick, hazara, uzabak and any other nationalities.. 49 percent of afghans are pashtoons... while only 40 percent are tajick.. and these two groups are making the majority of afghans.. now if you r claming that pashtoons aren't afghan.. that is just plain wrong.. infect.. the word afghan is pashtoo word. which means awghan.. that is what pashtoons call themselves in their language..

third.. I DON'T HATE INDIAN PEOPLE.. I WANT TO MAKE SURE PEOPLE GET THIS RIGHT.. I HAVE BEEN ACCUSED OF BEING RACIST AND PRJUDICE AGAINST INDIANS BEFORE TOO HERE IN THIS WEBSITE... I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK TO THIS AND ARGUE WITH U ON THIS..

i happen to don't like the indian team because of BCCI..although, i am big fan of SRT, GG, Zaheer, and afew other indian cricketers.. i just can't see myself supporting a team whose cricket board is minuplating the world of cricket with their power.. now it is up to u and other people to make whatever u guys want out of this.. if that makes me racist or prejudice against indians.. then i have nothing to say..but just to ignore it..

Flem274*

123/5

What a self righteous little **** you are. If he was born in Afganistan, and he wishes to retain his national identity, then thats his choice.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
What a self righteous little **** you are. If he was born in Afganistan, and he wishes to retain his national identity, then thats his choice.
Afghan people, unless they associate themselves with Taliban, do not have that kind of pathological hatred for India and Indians. Afghanistan and India have friendly ties that go back centuries.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
wow... that just tell me how much u know.. u just come with stuff out of ur ass...everytime u post something.. by saying pashtoons can't be afghan..

first of all i am tajick.. i am not pashtoon.. i am afghan from tajick nationality.. pure afghan.. i was born there and live ind afghanitan until i was 14..

second.. afghanistan has more pashtoons than tajick, hazara, uzabak and any other nationalities.. 49 percent of afghans are pashtoons... while only 40 percent are tajick.. and these two groups are making the majority of afghans.. now if you r claming that pashtoons aren't afghan.. that is just plain wrong.. infect.. the word afghan is pashtoo word. which means awghan.. that is what pashtoons call themselves in their language..

third.. I DON'T HATE INDIAN PEOPLE.. I WANT TO MAKE SURE PEOPLE GET THIS RIGHT.. I HAVE BEEN ACCUSED OF BEING RACIST AND PRJUDICE AGAINST INDIANS BEFORE TOO HERE IN THIS WEBSITE... I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK TO THIS AND ARGUE WITH U ON THIS..

i happen to don't like the indian team because of BCCI..although, i am big fan of SRT, GG, Zaheer, and afew other indian cricketers.. i just can't see myself supporting a team whose cricket board is minuplating the world of cricket with their power.. now it is up to u and other people to make whatever u guys want out of this.. if that makes me racist or prejudice against indians.. then i have nothing to say..but just to ignore it..
I somehow had a feeling that my ignorant statement was going to come back and bite me in the ass. I will give you that you owned me on my knowledge of 'Afghan' ethnicity and I apologize for making an assumption about your ethnicity.

Doesn't change the fact that you have a pathological hatred for India and Indians.

haroon510

International 12th Man
I somehow had a feeling that my ignorant statement was going to come back and bite me in the ass. I will give you that you owned me on my knowledge of 'Afghan' ethnicity and I apologize for making an assumption about your ethnicity.

Doesn't change the fact that you have a pathological hatred for India and Indians.
if that is what you think.. then be it.. i can't do much about it...

since when it means you hate the country when you don't like the cricket team.. and cricket board...?

but i will take it as a effend if you associate me with Al. Qaida and Taliban... i have explained it clearly that i am not taking their side.... but i just feel sick seeing educated people like you... talking out of their asses.. rather than knowing about issues first..

Xuhaib

International Coach
Like I have any respect for Wahabis and their opinions.8-)

I was avoiding this thread since I did not want things to escalate things but now I have to adress to this on what basis are you labeling me a wahabi, do you even know what Wahabi is? infact in some circles it is even a derogatory term so please avoid using this term in the future. thank you.

There is nothing wrong, IMO. But again you are the one who was shouting your lungs out when the same thing was done in Mumbai and guess what it was proved right.

I was maintaining that there was no involvement of army, ISI or Pak govt was never defending LeT tbh.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
How do you state suspicions without proof?

According to some sources they did recieve info back in Jan that India RAW will target SL cricket team in Lahore, there was even a document circulating around the web could very well be fake I cant vouch for its authenticity so take it for what its worth.

And Pak did not accept it was their own people when the bloody terrorist's father accepted it back during the 26/11 atrocity...

Pakistan was waiting for credible evidence, once evidence was provided actions were taken.

I understand why most laymen will look at India with suspicion when something like this happens but for guys to be going on public forums about it and almost at a semi-official level saying words like "foreign hand" and "neighbours" doesn't bode well..

Read my posts never made such comments I strongly believe its the work of Afghan-Pushtoon milliatants, was only mentioning what some officials spoke in the media.

Look, I am not aware of the past and who did what. But I KNOW what happened after Mumbai. We gave the bloody evidence... And your Government still denied it. And it was proved wrong by the ****ing BBC.... Is this even comparable? Is there even the slightest HINT that some Indian/(s) are involved in this? Pretty neat to be talking about "foreign hands" and "neighbours" right now....

Govt only denied involvement of state actors, no guarantees were takin for non-state and once again it was no direct finger pointing from Pakistan it was just trying to cover all angels in initial investigations