• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, if we had lost then maybe.
Even the Collingwood-Elliott incident is probably forgotten because of the end result.

But you can't really get lower than the underarm anyways.
Which is pretty weird considering it was within the laws at the time yet last night's incident wasn't.

_Ed_

If he says he's 100% positive I guess I'll have to take his word for it. But I have to say I still find it extremely hard to believe, looked at the replay a lot of times now and I still don't believe the ball touched the wicket or bails (but I'm extremely biased).

I'll let it go now though.

JBH001

International Regular
Regarding Haddin, as far as I am concerned that is as blatant and disgraceful an example of cheating as I have ever seen.

And I would be saying the same were it any other player: Sri Lankan, Kiwi, or otherwise.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
And perhaps Vettori should have been more diplomatic with his comments.

Either way the cat is out of the bag now and myself I don't mind sitting on the sides enjoying the show when a media brawl happens like this :devil2:
He was being diplomatic, Ponting just decided to make an issue of it.
If you want to see what undiplomatic looks like, see the Collingwood incident.

Which is pretty weird considering it was within the laws at the time yet last night's incident wasn't.
Indeed.
Deliberate unsportinglike act vs unfortunate mistake, perhaps?

_Ed_

It's definitely added some spice to the series though, hasn't it? Not that a trans-Tasman series ever needs anything extra.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Interesting that Haddin says Vettori should have aired his grievances in private, yet Haddin's grievances against Vettori are made through the media.
Yeah, had a chuckle at that.

As I said, its a real shame that this has spiralled into this. I hope Vettori can calm it down, as I highly doubt it was his intention for this to happen.

JBH001

International Regular
Haha yeah. In any case, the Australian summer cricket season usually brings up something controversial. We were due.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha yeah. In any case, the Australian summer cricket season usually brings up something controversial. We were due.
Yeah so far everything has been all non-controversial and "play nice with the other kiddies". I missed the Nel outbursts of 2005 and the ridiculous Smith overhyping from the same series.

*sigh* Those were the days, back when Aus actually won stuff.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Just a side-note,

If NZ sweep Australia and then India at home, they can move to the Number 1 spot.

Pigs might fly but, I thought it was interesting.

3-2 win against Australia followed by 5-0 against India gives NZ the same amount of points as Australia for 2nd place, not sure of who is ahead by decimals.

Thats not going to happen either but....
[/optimism]

Any combination of 3-2/2-3 in both series puts RSA and AUS neck and neck, and the same goes for NZ and IND depending on the SRL series result.

Anyways, what I am trying to say is that any number of possibilities are possible.
By the end of the NZ vs IND series any one of NZ, AUS, RSA, or IND could be on top of the rankings. And same goes for positions 2-4.

:cool:

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
Just a side-note,

If NZ sweep Australia and then India at home, they can move to the Number 1 spot.

Pigs might fly but, I thought it was interesting.

3-2 win against Australia followed by 5-0 against India gives NZ the same amount of points as Australia for 2nd place, not sure of who is ahead by decimals.

Thats not going to happen either but....
[/optimism]

Any combination of 3-2/2-3 in both series puts RSA and AUS neck and neck, and the same goes for NZ and IND depending on the SRL series result.

Anyways, what I am trying to say is that any number of possibilities are possible.
By the end of the NZ vs IND series any one of NZ, AUS, RSA, or IND could be on top of the rankings. And same goes for positions 2-4.

:cool:
i am expecting a close odi series (3-2 india)the lack of acclimatization is going to be a real problem for us.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure where in the order he'd fit in, but wouldn't Marcus North be a chance to play if Ponting's injured/ rested/ what ever?

On a slightly related note:

D Hussey - we he make it or won't he?
Will he be picked in the immediate future?

Probably

Will he make it as an international cricketer?

Really depends upon what the selectors are looking for.

I think he's already shown that he can be an average/steady/run of the mill player BUT I'm far from convinced that he can make the step up from there as he's had plenty of opportunities to make significant contributions this seasons and has fallen short on each occasion

Athlai

Not Terrible
Since the 1st of July:
LPRL Taylor 509 @ 84.83 SR 90
CH Gayle 721 @ 72.10 SR 102
S Chanderpaul 376 @ 62.66 SR 79

KP Pietersen 360 @ 60 SR 95
Younis Khan 342 @ 57 SR 91
V Sehwag 507 @ 56.33 SR 123
HM Amla 542 @ 54.20 SR 89
OA Shah 315 @ 52.50 SR 95
RR Sarwan 413 @ 51.62 SR 79
A Flintoff 301 @ 50.16 SR 109

(at least 300 runs average of 50 or more)

So strange not to see an Aussie in that list, Hussey and Marsh are close however. Next closest Kiwi is McCullum @ 30.60 SR 101

DingDong

State Captain
That was horrible by Haddin. I don't think I've ever seen a more blatant act of cheating on a cricket field. He must get a ban.

pup11

International Coach
Yeah, had a chuckle at that.

As I said, its a real shame that this has spiralled into this. I hope Vettori can calm it down, as I highly doubt it was his intention for this to happen.
Not the first time Vettori has taken a pot-shot at an Aussie cricketer during a series, last time around when these two teams played each other in an ODI series, he opened raised doubts over Tait's bowling action, but he is the New Zealand captain, and he really needs to watch his way with the words he uses.

He can't just go on accusing fellow international cricketers of wrong doing when he really has no proof to go with what he is saying, though i didn't watch the Haddin incident, as i was only able to catch up on the last 30 balls of the New Zealand innings, but still considering the kind of incident it was, umpires should have been able to spot any foul-play involved, if any!!

Seemed like an excellent game though, even though Australia lost, given their recent run of lacklustre performances, atleast it was good to see Aussies showing some spirit and taking the game down to wire, and this one now promises to be a very good series.

One more thing i would like to touch upon is Australia use of batting PP, i mean they have been using it shockingly so far, we were criticising South Africans for using their batting PP in the last 5 overs, but atleast they had some sort of plan to use it.

Aussies on the other hand look clueless with it, i think Saffies were very smart with the use of their batting PP, they knew Albie Morkel is there biggest power-hitter, so they backed him to make the best use of the batting PP, and Australia need to do something similar, pick a bloke who is best equipped to make most of batting PP, rather than leave it for guys live Hopes, Johnson and the tail.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Since the 1st of July:
LPRL Taylor 509 @ 84.83 SR 90
CH Gayle 721 @ 72.10 SR 102
S Chanderpaul 376 @ 62.66 SR 79

KP Pietersen 360 @ 60 SR 95
Younis Khan 342 @ 57 SR 91
V Sehwag 507 @ 56.33 SR 123
HM Amla 542 @ 54.20 SR 89
OA Shah 315 @ 52.50 SR 95
RR Sarwan 413 @ 51.62 SR 79
A Flintoff 301 @ 50.16 SR 109

(at least 300 runs average of 50 or more)

So strange not to see an Aussie in that list, Hussey and Marsh are close however. Next closest Kiwi is McCullum @ 30.60 SR 101
Also surprising to see Amla and Shah in that list TBH.