• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Richardson vs. Atherton (Tests)

Who was better?

• Total voters

Precambrian

Banned
AWTA with NZT, TC, etc that Mr. Dickinson is a thought-provoking poster. The sheer consistency of the guy in posting and reposting tirelessly the same thing to different newbies (including myself not too long ago) has never ceased to amaze me. I have no doubt his patience will earn him a fantastic married life ahead.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Married life without the ability to admit you're wrong, regularly (whether you mean it or not) is a recipe for hell...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
AWTA with NZT, TC, etc that Mr. Dickinson is a thought-provoking poster. The sheer consistency of the guy in posting and reposting tirelessly the same thing to different newbies (including myself not too long ago) has never ceased to amaze me. I have no doubt his patience will earn him a fantastic married life ahead.
Married life without the ability to admit you're wrong, regularly (whether you mean it or not) is a recipe for hell...
Not if you find a girl who likes Atherton.
Very much doubt my girl has the foggiest who Atherton is TBH, she barely even knows who Kevin Pietersen is.

Anyway, as to the not admitting you're wrong, well, we've both had a distinct aversion to doing that pretty well all the 12 years (with a break of 3, so 9 ITBT) we've known each other. And you couldn't really wish to meet a couple who had that much less in common, so arguing about this and that is not exactly rare.

All in good spirits though.

Precambrian

Banned
Very much doubt my girl has the foggiest who Atherton is TBH, she barely even knows who Kevin Pietersen is.

Anyway, as to the not admitting you're wrong, well, we've both had a distinct aversion to doing that pretty well all the 12 years (with a break of 3, so 9 ITBT) we've known each other. And you couldn't really wish to meet a couple who had that much less in common, so arguing about this and that is not exactly rare.

All in good spirits though.
See that? He is maintaining a relationship from the age one starts to notice boys and girls are different. No wonder. Here's to you completing a Bradmanly anniversary.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha. Our relationship had a break of 6 years between '99 and '05 TBH. :p So I don't know if I can take full credit for maintaining it. Though there is no doubt the second "leg" would not have happened had the first not done so, so there is some connection there.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha. Our relationship had a break of 6 years between '99 and '05 TBH. :p So I don't know if I can take full credit for maintaining it. Though there is no doubt the second "leg" would not have happened had the first not done so, so there is some connection there.
But can you claw back the goal conceded in the first leg and bring the tie into extra time?

I'll show myself out

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Rich, can you give me your complete unadulterated opinion on one Lou Vincent.

Would like to compare your thoughts and notes against my own.

Perhaps in a new, or old relevant thread, maybe even email, as to not derail this thread.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Do you mean Lou Vincent the New Zealand test player or the bloke of the same name who played briefly for Lancs last year?

Precambrian

Banned
Ah I see, So "we" have something in common there (2005).