• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
A bit early but I must say the Bulls have impressed me so far tonight against the Cavs. They must've block LeBron thrice already and I think its getting to him. They're going into the paint a lot. Hope they can nab a win here.

Hinrich out for 12 weeks. :(

EDIT: Rose is such a gun.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, so many 4th quarter comebacks from the Cavs last year, not surprised about this one too. They're pretty impressive so far but still don't think Mo Williams is a good fit for them. They really should've gone for Bibby last season when Sacramento traded him for peanuts.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Have to say Bulls lost this game rather than Cavs winning it. When LB got going offensively at the beginning of the fourth, the Bulls should've stuck with what they had been doing all game instead of running the ball up and taking a jump shot every time within 15 seconds of possession. The fact that they scored two points in the first six minutes of the fourth is beyond ridiculous. From there on, of course, they had lost the game despite the mini comeback.

Re: Mo Williams. I have to agree with you. Must say though that I had no clue about Bibby.

duffer

Have to say Bulls lost this game rather than Cavs winning it. When LB got going offensively at the beginning of the fourth, the Bulls should've stuck with what they had been doing all game instead of running the ball up and taking a jump shot every time within 15 seconds of possession. The fact that they scored two points in the first six minutes of the fourth is beyond ridiculous. From there on, of course, they had lost the game despite the mini comeback.

Re: Mo Williams. I have to agree with you. Must say though that I had no clue about Bibby.
Ouch, didn't watch it myself but that sounds like an experience/leadership issue. Did Vinnie call any timeouts telling Rose and co to stay patient and not start chucking?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Haha Jono, if you did follow the NBA a little closer you certainly wouldn't have been putting money on the grizzlies :p
marc gasol is doing a good job there so far...so memphis might not be totally pathetic this season...

duffer

Celtics were awesome tonight. That was a real statement performance from them.. Iverson played okay and they were only -1 with him on the court, but Tony Allen destroyed Rip Hamilton. Man, this guy has stepped into the Posey role brilliantly.

Also, incredible seeing how much more shared the Nuggets scoring is with Chauncey running the point. OJ Mayo went on a mad tear today though. I remember reading about how he was going to prove to everyone he should've been taken over D.Rose. Looked awesome tonight.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Celtics were awesome tonight. That was a real statement performance from them.. Iverson played okay and they were only -1 with him on the court, but Tony Allen destroyed Rip Hamilton. Man, this guy has stepped into the Posey role brilliantly.

Also, incredible seeing how much more shared the Nuggets scoring is with Chauncey running the point. OJ Mayo went on a mad tear today though. I remember reading about how he was going to prove to everyone he should've been taken over D.Rose. Looked awesome tonight.
just one game so far, still very early days, but these introductory games encapsulate what i felt would happen with this trade...billups providing some sorely lacking experience and leadership to the nuggets and iverson not making much of an impact for the pistons...

duffer

Woah, hilarious "brawl" at the Suns v Rockets game. Still have no idea what Barnes and Nash were thinking.

AI had the sort of game Dumars was expecting when he went for the trade, his pace destroyed the Kings in the centre and Tayshaun ow has so much more space to run riot. Rip's form would be a worry though.

EDIT: Just realised that Artest was nowhere to be found when the fight happened. Incredible.

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
AI had the sort of game Dumars was expecting when he went for the trade, his pace destroyed the Kings in the centre and Tayshaun ow has so much more space to run riot. Rip's form would be a worry though.
still remains to be seen if he can have a similar impact against an elite team, especially one which has a solid defense...i for one doubt it...

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Watching the Cavs-Nuggets game as we speak. LJ is so good. I was always impressed with him but he's now making a fan out of me. Closest thing to Jordan for mine. Would love for him to get a ring.

duffer

:-O

Barnburner of a match going down in Cleveland now, Melo and Chauncey going blow for blow with LeBron. 76-76 deep in the third now.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Listening to the Bulls game on the radio, sounds like they've improved their ball movement quite a bit. Hope they nab a win here, not a big fan of watching them sit at the bottom of the table.

duffer

Listening to the Bulls game on the radio, sounds like they've improved their ball movement quite a bit. Hope they nab a win here, not a big fan of watching them sit at the bottom of the table.
You guys really need something in the frontcourt, every time I watch the Bulls it's Smallball, entertaining but you can't win in the NBA on jumpers.

Oh and people who loved blaming AI for the Nuggets perimeter defence should watch the Cavs game today, Carter and JR have been given a rinsing by Mo Williams and Boobie Gibson. George Karl deciding not to coach probably doesn't help either.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
You guys really need something in the frontcourt, every time I watch the Bulls it's Smallball, entertaining but you can't win in the NBA on jumpers.
We do have Aaron Gray but del Negro doesn't seem to know what to do with him. The guy lost 30 pounds before the start of the season to become quicker and the Bulls have no idea how to use him.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Oh and people who loved blaming AI for the Nuggets perimeter defence should watch the Cavs game today, Carter and JR have been given a rinsing by Mo Williams and Boobie Gibson. George Karl deciding not to coach probably doesn't help either.
well iverson was certainly not to blame for all of it, but he was clearly part of the problem...

Johnners

Watching the Cavs-Nuggets game as we speak. LJ is so good. I was always impressed with him but he's now making a fan out of me. Closest thing to Jordan for mine. Would love for him to get a ring.
Sanz to disagree in 5..4..3.. :p

Wish I had fox/espn so much, sucks being limited to only watching highlights :(

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz to disagree in 5..4..3.. :p

Wish I had fox/espn so much, sucks being limited to only watching highlights :(
james is headed for the hall of fame, he will also get multiple rings if he gets out of cleveland or if the cavs become much stronger...but as for comparisons to jordan, he needs to pass a lot of other players first...