• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Not a bad position at lunch from a NZ point of view. If we can pick up another three wickets in the second session, I dare say we'll be batting well before close with a target of about 220-230.

Ashraful must be ashamed of his dismissal - great opportunity to form a solid partnership with arguably one of Bangladesh's best batsman Tamim Iqbal and take the game to a point where Bangladesh might consider themselves favourites. Instead, four down with only a 123 run lead.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
You're a god damn joke. You and all the other Kiwi fans who give up when we perform poorly. I know this is ridiculous but come on. Voltman's rant was one of the worst as well.
Go **** yourself.

We've performed extremely poorly, and we need to take a good hard look at ourselves. There's been various problems in NZ cricket for a while now, from the coach being a complete douchefag, ****ty selection policies, the handling of Bond and mismanagement of players in general.

Sometimes you can only genuinely make a change and improvement once you've hit rock bottom. I think we're hitting bottom in this tour, first losing the ODI, the generally **** batting efforts and this test.
So your point is that we're playing **** for various reasons, including the coach, selections,mismanagement - basically anything but blaming the players except for a throwaway comment about "generally **** batting efforts".

It looked as though we were heading in the right direction in both England series. We lost them both but there were at least positives.
Our bowling is sorted, and not the problem. However our fielding has been declining for a while now, after we could claim to be one of the best in the world in that discipline.
The shot selection and technique of our batsman has been atrocious though, for some time. Nearly all the team can be guilty of that.
The technique has been average at times, but the biggest issue for me is the absolute lack of value placed on a player's wicket. If the going is tough in the middle, harden up - block out a few maidens, start leaving more balls when possible (not usually so much of an option against spinners) and refrain from lashing out at good length balls because you have no other options.

And please, all you Kiwi's who are rubbishing the team and removing your support of the team gtfo of this thread if you're serious about it. We have the worst fans by far of all cricketing nations.
Again, go **** yourself. I've supported New Zealand a lot longer than you (my heartache stems back to when we were cheated out of a win by crooked home umpires at Melbourne in 1987/8) but the care factor from this team - bar Vettori and spirited efforts from the likes of O'Brien and Mills - is the most pathetic aspect of this side and is a chronic illness that has worked its way into a bunch of prima donnas who wouldn't know a hard day's work if it rogered them up the backside. So how about you gtfo?

Precambrian

Banned
Ashraful shows how he has deteriorated as a Test batsman. Bangladesh would be, to repeat, much better without this guy. He's **** really, and would struggle to make into the second XI of Glamorgan.

Craig

World Traveller
Fair effort by Shakib, been able to reduce his Test bowling average from 104 to 35 in the space of one innings.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Go **** yourself.

So your point is that we're playing **** for various reasons, including the coach, selections,mismanagement - basically anything but blaming the players except for a throwaway comment about "generally **** batting efforts".

The technique has been average at times, but the biggest issue for me is the absolute lack of value placed on a player's wicket. If the going is tough in the middle, harden up - block out a few maidens, start leaving more balls when possible (not usually so much of an option against spinners) and refrain from lashing out at good length balls because you have no other options.

Again, go **** yourself. I've supported New Zealand a lot longer than you (my heartache stems back to when we were cheated out of a win by crooked home umpires at Melbourne in 1987/8) but the care factor from this team - bar Vettori and spirited efforts from the likes of O'Brien and Mills - is the most pathetic aspect of this side and is a chronic illness that has worked its way into a bunch of prima donnas who wouldn't know a hard day's work if it rogered them up the backside. So how about you gtfo?
Yeah but its just a game.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Far out Shakib is having a dream match. Could quite possibly win Bangladesh their first test against a top 8 test team. Go son.

Natman20

International Debutant
NZ needs wickets soon. I think it is quite likely that NZ could win with target total 300 or under. Anything over and it will be tough especially considering the first innings and the ODI form batting wise.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is this jamminess or awesomeness from Shakib? Not watching it but I'd hope it'd be him just being gun.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ needs wickets soon. I think it is quite likely that NZ could win with target total 300 or under. Anything over and it will be tough especially considering the first innings and the ODI form batting wise.
I'd love to be wrong, but I don't see us getting 200.

Natman20

International Debutant
I'd love to be wrong, but I don't see us getting 200.
My theory is that all the batsmen won't fail twice in a row. Someone must step p after the first performance. Although I agree it is not likely that NZ will make it to 200 :laugh: