• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Black Thread

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Borcich, Pickup, Patrick.

You're all dropped. Davis, Gough and Gelman will be playing ahead of you.

Your contracts at the club are also being considered.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Yeah, fair enough. We obviously need to bowl when we're not under pressure, or not not under pressure. Or something. (link)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Averaging 34 with the ball, which is about par for me really. About the same as Warne. Imo, drop Borcs and maybe Pickup, but we all know I'll come good. It's our batting that's been the problem. We just hit a Fuller rampage.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
You'll come good against someone ****. Sick of everyone getting belted whenever there's some semblance of pressure. Got to at least give the rest of the squad a chance, it's not like you or anyone else are winning us games.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Took a 6-fer two or three matches back. Been active as all get out aswell. Understand that changes probably need to be made, but subbing the bowling attack out doesn't make much sense. Pitch was probably flat as in the last game, and the Blue bowlers were made to look good because of our dire batting.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Took 6 when the side was expected to lose and there was no pressure, yeah.

And there's no one else to sub out any batsmen for.

Fact of the matter is, we've been **** in FC for 3 seasons now and I'm ****ing sick of it, especially considering the absolute bull**** I have to go through every offseason to try and get a squad together.

pasag

RTDAS
Stoked to get at least one FC game for the season and hope I make the most of it, sad it had to be in these circumstances though.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
K, will start posting as much as Gough to get more gametime and then make the International side.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Runners-up last year was terrible, awta.
It was considering the side we put on the park. Blue are no pushovers, but honestly.

Smith
Arnold
Cloete
Blackman
Armstrong
Chaulk
Richards
Borcich
Patrick
Pickup
Davis

The fact that a side with that many players who're currently, have, or were close to playing for the national side hasn't won an FC title in 3 seasons is a joke. There's the greatest every batsman from CW, there's two of the best openers in the league, there's leading test paceman and the 2nd best spinner in the country. The middle order consists of 2 CW 'A' players and a former test wicketkeeper who currently bashes ****s around in the ODI side. In fact, the only player there who hasn't played some form of rep cricket is Davis.

So forgive me if I was disappointed my whole bowling attack (besides you, obviously) decided they'd go on ****ing holiday.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Get rid of Borcs then. Done crap all. Pickup barely posts.

I think don't drop me is what I'm trying to say.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stoked to get at least one FC game for the season and hope I make the most of it, sad it had to be in these circumstances though.
Need to hunt in packs, methinks Gelman. If I bowl 'em some chin music at one end, it should make 'em more tentative at the other end. Hopefully wickets for all, and cheap wickets at that! Oooh yeah, baby!