• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lovin' how we're going at the moment, hopefully we can keep it up.

We tend to start seasons well, but tend to fall into a heap after good starts. Rookies are serving us well atm.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
indeed kuddo's to our young guns (hate the word rookie tbh)

keep it up lads! we can make this a special season ooh yeahhh

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
What's happening guy's? I've being under the weather for the last couple of days so i would love to know how we've gone

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Spectacular start to the OD season. The big test will be playing Black, who are also unbeaten in OD thus far (IIRC, cbf checking).

The FC side is unchanged for the time being. Max is the one under most pressure :ph34r: but to be fair, there's no one particularly excelling/dominating in their respective discipline - at this stage just about everyone is doing enough to stay selected :mellow: though special mention to Towns who is having a fantastic start to the season and has saved our bacon in pretty much every game.

Last edited:

Jakester1288

International Regular
I've been going really good, with bat and ball. I am shocked I am dominating. Last round I only got 1 with the bat, but I think I made up for it with my four cheap wickets (4/26) with the ball.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
First OD loss of the season, to Black. It was a close match, and there are a couple of areas we need to improve on, mainly the batting area. We tend to get bogged down early before a late flurry. We should be posting scores of 270-300 rather than 220-240.

The FC side to take on Green has been named. Unchanged side; Max retains his place after a promising 50 but isn't out of the woods yet. Everyone contributing something at this stage, though I'd like to see Butler passing 50 more, and Kyle taking more wickets.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agree. I'd like to be taking more wickets, but the bowling team is working very well, and if Thomas and Weber take all the wickets, there's not much left for the rest of us. But, definitely we need to see some more from the batsmen.

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
First OD loss of the season, to Black. It was a close match, and there are a couple of areas we need to improve on, mainly the batting area. We tend to get bogged down early before a late flurry. We should be posting scores of 270-300 rather than 220-240.
My fault I think. If we want a quick start in the powerplays, I don't think opening with me, Mr. Slowcoach is the right idea. I know it sounds strange coming off the best OD performance of my career, but even if I do get big scores with the bat they won't be at a run a ball.

Majin

International Debutant
yeah send me to Grade in the OD games, failing miserably and it is not helping the team and it is depressing me because I know I can play in OD games, the off season more than proved it. Just not in the dev league apparently. Perhaps VC4 loves me more than HODI or something I don't know :ph34r: