• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

JBH001

International Regular
Ugh, Bell makes a 50. Congratulations I suppose, but I find it hard to really mean it. Awful batsman.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Quality innings under immense pressure from Bell. Very well played.
Thought he's looked scratchy most of the time, with some very very ordinary footwork. But, he has battled well and I do like that. Hopefully he can make a hundred.

Another glorious shot by Fleming!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The best players of the series so far for mine have been Fleming, Sidebottom, Collingwood and Taylor (from those who have played all 3). Incidentally most of which would be in my top 5 favourite players in this series on a personal level.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Collingwood on, now we know Vaughan's getting desperate. Smashed for four 1st ball, that's going to ruin his average of 23 for his last 14 Test wickets or whatever it is.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The best players of the series so far for mine have been Fleming, Sidebottom, Collingwood and Taylor (from those who have played all 3). Incidentally most of which would be in my top 5 favourite players in this series on a personal level.
Can't believe you can leave-out Strauss, Bell (M) and MSP TBH.

Cripes, there's been a ridiclous amount of short-leg fielders hit this game. I make that the 5th occasion.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And another four... y'know, if Fleming and Bell are still there at Tea, I honestly am going to start worrying that NZ might be in with a chance of saving this game.

Batting's never looked easier.

Hope Fleming reaches 50 and 54 before too long TBH.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Someone performing a transplant and putting Glenn Turner's hands, eyes (30 years ago), brain and trains in Bell IMO. I fear that the real Bell may be gone forever. :cry:

Fleming gets to his half-century. 3 more for that I$C$C-official overall average of 40. 111 more for a middle-order average against Test-standard teams of 40.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Right, as long as Bangladesh are not retrospectively stripped of Test status (ie, if I take over I$C$C) Stephen Fleming will now average 40 in Test-cricket.