• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Hard2Beat - 147/10 off 37.5 overs
Mott 54 (55)
Victory 50 (69)
Smart 5/30 (8.5)
Holmes 2/28 (9)

defeated by

Brackenhurst - 148/0 off 21.4 overs
Burnip 87* (65)
Read 59* (65)

I'm one of the Top 256 teams in Australia. :p Brilliant effort by our bowlers on a flat deck and then Read and Burnip took it in turns to up the aggression. New BatStats rating aswell. :)
Nice :cool:

Bobisback

International Regular
Did you both play a worthless bowling attack or something?
Code:
Four Pillars and Poor Fillers  	Central Districts
Top Order: 	wonderful 	wonderful
Middle Order: 	competent 	competent
Lower Order: 	feeble 		abysmal
Seam Bowling: 	worthless 	worthless
Spin Bowling: 	worthless 	useless
Fielding: 	woeful 		mediocre
Ratings fairly close.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Choosing not to have 100 ITS at Week 1 is like not having nets.
It's not even close. ITS is a complete lottery, one you'll most often lose. With nets you know what you're getting and your potential gains. For teams that are struggling to get established and don't have much money to burn, it's a wasted investment 75% of the time and it's up to them if they want to take the risk.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Unless you've got $1.6 million in the bank, I wouldn't bother with ITS.
Again whats with the obsession with 1.6 million in the bank. Its not like one cannot absolutely play Battrick without 1.6 million in the bank. So long as you are still turning a profit there is nothing wrong with a few ITS here or there:ranting:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Oliver Klozoff CC 218 All Out
Gooneratne 64(62), Mudalige 76*(95), Jeithoon 4/36(9.3), Muralitharan 2/25(10),

Jaffna Jets 2/219(40.5)
Lucas 117*(122), Clayton 57(72), Quintin 44*(48)

Jaffna Jets Oliver Klozoff CC
Top Order: remarkable wonderful
Middle Order: strong respectable
Lower Order: woeful feeble
Seam Bowling: exceptional sensational
Spin Bowling: wonderful respectable
Fielding: mediocre mediocre

Pretty solid all round bowling effort we kept getting wickets regularly which never allowed them to set a big total. Jeithoon did the job at the top getting two out their three top batsmen. Would love him to rip through a batting line up like this. But he still seems a season or so off that.

A bit surprised how easy we chased their total down, but they really only have two good seamers. Once we got past them it was pretty easy sailing. Lucas once again stepped up with a big hundred.

Ratings are improving nicely but batsmen seem to be staying the same. Bowling keeps going up a couple levels, one each since my last GFI. This is my longest cup run so far, so happy with our progression. But we have had a fairly easy draw to date.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
For teams that are struggling to get established and don't have much money to burn, it's a wasted investment 75% of the time and it's up to them if they want to take the risk.
When I first started I couldn't afford to use $20k per week on ITS.
It wasn't until into my second season that I could "set and forget" a 20k investment.

And it wasn't until I think last season that all my trainees were entirely home grown from the youth academy. Before that, most of them were from the transfer market.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
None of my current trainees are home grown (though I did just sell Holly who was home grown), hopefully next season when I start my new batch at least one of them is home grown. Save myself some money.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
This season is the first time in 3 seasons that have invested in ITS. I could have afforded it before, but I see it more as a training option then transfer market option. It wasn't really until the last two season you could make a massive profit out it. Now you seem to only make a profit if you get an early respectable or proficient.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Its not like one cannot absolutely play Battrick without 1.6 million in the bank.
No, but it's a hell of a lot more difficult, to the point where it's almost perverse to do so. Get yourself up to 1.6m and the extra interest will effectively mean you're getting ITS for free (if you want to look at it that way).

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Unabrow Rangers
Top Order: sensational
Middle Order: strong
Lower Order: worthless
Seam Bowling: wonderful
Spin Bowling: superb
Fielding: mediocre

Got a former D1 side away next round. Another GFI, reckon I can beat them tbh.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I'm currently not investing in ITS, but as a trainer (which I am, never bought someone to train up fully - maybe just a stamina net or something) ITS gives a big advantage. In 3 seasons, I will have 5 guns, and with another training cycle starting...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah, but maybe you've just gotten lucky? What if someone who doesn't make anywhere near the income you do doesn't get so lucky? All they're doing is throwing away money.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I'm currently not investing in ITS, but as a trainer (which I am, never bought someone to train up fully - maybe just a stamina net or something) ITS gives a big advantage. In 3 seasons, I will have 5 guns, and with another training cycle starting...
You got as much chance at getting 5 guns in 3 season, as you do of getting no guns. It really just a comes down to luck.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Have stopped investing in ITS. Never used to and my team got excellent straight away. Then fell into a lull when we used it. And are now getting better as a unit without it. But I've never had a good YP tbf.

Should hopefully win my next Cup game as long as some of my opponent's key players are still struggling a bit with their fitness. Will need to go GFI again, but why not? :) Hopefully will have another BatStats increase.

Really feel bad for any of the Top 20 CW teams that are better than me by a distance yet not in the Cup. In all seriousness, every victory in it is for your teams. :)

Bobisback

International Regular
I couldnt afford the 20k start of this season, still did it, and it payed off. Have had quite a few guns, probably one of the luckier teams. 4 of my bowlers are from my youth academy, and when they're all done with training, i will have an extremely decent bowling lineup. Only one of my batters is from my academy, but I have sold quite a few decent pulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.