• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Is the other country India?

If so, most runs scored between Oz & India, currently held by Sachin?
That could be so but I find only seven players to have been at the head of that list.

1. Bradman with 715 runs in the very first series in 47-48
  2. Lawry who overtook Bradman in 1969 and went on to 892 the same year.
  3. Simpson who went onto 1125 after overtaking Lawry in 1977
  4. Vishwanath who went onto 1538 in 1981
  5. Gavaskar 1550 by 1987
  6. Border 1567 by 1994
  7. Tendulkar who overtook Border during that 241 at Sydney in Jan 2004 and is today at 2352.

I cant find an eighth. I suppose you could take Morris who must have been batting at 20 odd when Bradman joined him in that first ever test innings. Bradman soon ovcertook him and went onto score 185 while Morris fell for 47.

That would be something like saying that when Morris scored the first run in that innings, he became the highest run getter in all tests between India and Australia :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
SJS, you're forgetting Neil Harvey, who in 1960 made 775 runs in the rubber and held the record for a grand nine years.

Well done Brumby.