• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Better than 2001? Unless you didn't witness that
I did say 'possibly'.

Purely from a cricketing perspective, Calcutta 2001 was probably the greater achievement coming back after following on etc.

But this involved so many other factors. The two biggest are that:

a) The test was in Perth! All the BS hype trying to scare the Indians failed miserably.
b) After all the controversy in Sydney, a normal team would have laid down and died. Instead they come up with this performance

Laurrz

International Debutant
i really agree with Peter English with this tho

Decisions are more likely to go bad for the struggling team, which is something Australia's opponents have complained about for years. At least there won't be calls for an umpire to be stood down for the final match of a gripping series in Adelaide next week, and the only boycott will remain an English commentator.

Australians believe official decisions even out over time. In Sydney it seemed an unfair pronouncement, but it has taken only four playing days for the theory to be proved. Hussey left immediately - only a sharp head turn and the briskness of his walk showed annoyance - while Symonds hung his bat out briefly after being ruled lbw to a ball he hit.

They were happy to accept the bonuses at the SCG and when the swings went against them here they were absorbed despite the impending loss. Australia have played in a manner that their supporters can be proud of, even in defeat.

pasag

RTDAS
the point of what i am saying is that india have gone over the top with there celebrations as they have achieved nothing at all
Serious? The T20 victory was nothing at all, this was a magnificent victory and the celebrations were completely justified.

The side has just beaten the best side in the world in their own backyard, the first side to do so in quite a few years and ending a winning streak that's gone on for two years. Not to mention everyone wrote off India before the match and you blame them for celebrating? Not to mention it's a Test match win, which quite frankly means a hell of a lot and I'm glad it means a lot to the players as well.
20/20 is more about entertainment its much less prestigious than the other 2 forms of the game and is really all down to luck

just look at australias performance over all versions of the game over the last 10 years, they are miles ahead of india , not even close
Please explain what your reply has to do with my post? I said India had every right to celebrate, much more so than the Twenty20 win and you reply by saying that Twenty20 is down to luck and Australia are better at everything?

Matt79

Global Moderator
I did say 'possibly'.

Purely from a cricketing perspective, Calcutta 2001 was probably the greater achievement coming back after following on etc.

But this involved so many other factors. The two biggest are that:

a) The test was in Perth! All the BS hype trying to scare the Indians failed miserably.
b) After all the controversy in Sydney, a normal team would have laid down and died. Instead they come up with this performance
Yeah, I said on day 1 and 2, that it was clear that the Indians had been galvanised by the Sydney fiasco, whereas the Aussies had, if anything, been distracted.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I think an old quote here is worth repeating:

"Never argue with a moron. They bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Let the trolls argue amongst themselves lads. Don't validate them by getting involved.

JBH001

International Regular
Agreed. IMO CW is a little too quick on the bannation and suspension button.

Just dont reply, and if it gets particularly bad, put him on ignore.

The_Bunny

State Regular
Bit late but great win India!

Thought the Sharma spell was key for mine, as Ponting and Hussey were looking very comfortable vs the other bowlers and if Sharma hadnt slowed it down and eventually get Ponting out I think the result could very well have changed.
Also great stuff at the end by Johnson and Clark, good entertainment value :laugh:

Thought the Australian bowlers did quite well, I share the views of a few other posters re Taits lack of match practice, but overall I thought they did well to restrict india to about 600 runs for the match, the match was lost by Australias batting early in the first innings, or really by Indias bowling.
A great test match, very enjoyable even as an Australian fan :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Anybody watching the old WSC match between India and Australia. Some members on this site weren't even born when that mach was being played.
This one?

So much for India not being able to play at Perth hey? :p
A random ODI? That's the evidence for Indians being able to play at Perth?

http://content-eap.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63567.html

That looks a lot more like it.
Actually, this is a lot more like it:

http://content-eap.cricinfo.com/ausvind/engine/current/match/291353.html
**** man, you can't even take a frickin' joke.

If you watched the way the Aussies batted in that ODI, it'd be obvious that ODI meant nothing.

You're an idiot.
:laugh: You're a pathetic, spineless sycophant sucking up to the Indian team all the time. Good going. Not only that, but retards like you love to attack those who criticise the Mighty Indian Team in the slightest.

A little less literate, and you'd be one of those burning effigies in villages after a loss and putting Tendulkar's photos on an altar and asking your sister to worship him after a win. 8-)
And whilst I could think of many inflammatory comments against you, and rip up some more idiotic quotes that you've made in the past few days, but I'd rather just post this:

Its funny how when someone makes a light-hearted joke, and you act like a wanker, it somehow comes back to bite you hey?

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah, I said on day 1 and 2, that it was clear that the Indians had been galvanised by the Sydney fiasco, whereas the Aussies had, if anything, been distracted.
Yeah, I think the controversy would always affect the Australians much more. I think the team was shocked that they didn't have the full support of the country and that there actions were coming under such heavy scrutiny. Whereas India felt aggrieved by the bad decisions and targeted by the charges and were able to use that obviously and fight back. I suspected as much could happen before the match but don't think I posted it because I thought Australia would still win.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
you didnt even make the WC , remeber you lost to bangladash

im just looking at some sites with all there rankings and they all have australia along way ahead of india
1. I'm Australian and I support Australia, so "I" did win the World Cup. As much as you did, anyway.
2. Neither of those actually retorts have anything to do with my point. My point was actually a retort to the relevance or lackthereof of your retort to my original point.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You are the one who wants to rely on stats and old ashes and debut performances as reasons to keep him. Look at what is happening now thats what matters. He is not performing under pressure currently - the 70 against India 1st test taht you say was under pressure was when we were 2-90 and over 200 ahead on 1st innings!! That is not my definition of pressure.
Heh, most definitely not performing under pressure currently 8-)

Matt79

Global Moderator
1. I'm Australian and I support Australia, so "I" did win the World Cup. As much as you did, anyway.
2. Neither of those actually retorts have anything to do with my point. My point was actually a retort to the relevance or lackthereof of your retort to my original point.

"Oh, well allow me to retort" :ph34r: :laugh:

The_Bunny

State Regular
Also whats with this Peter English, never read much of his stuff but he seems to have a personal vendetta against Australia :blink: