• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
1) You clearly can't read properly: I said absolutely nothing about "genetic dispositions" in this thread. That was SJS.
2) The martial defensiveness of India is a "can of worms" I didn't want to open. I was making a speculation that it may be connected with India's athletic history.
3) My post was neutral in tone, not meant to be hate-speech, unlike the knee-jerk invective of yours.

In keeping with a spirit of positivity, I promise to tone down my criticisms of India - I would be as happy as anyone to see them perform well.
That's total nonsense, seeing how you brought the whole Kargil matter into it.

In any case, SJS has written a long post - a pretty objective one - addressed to rabid fans such as yourself. After you've wiped all the froth around your mouth, you might wanna check it out.
Clearly. 8-)

funnygirl

State Regular
The thing is HB, had India lost(or came close to losing) the Banglore test, same people would have chastised Kumble for not securing the series first.Also some people have very short memory, on this very ground 2005, Pakistan had scored 260+ in 50 overs.
Hindsight is a beautiful thing . Had he ,he would have ,could have ,should have .
Poeple forget about a historic series win created by Kumble after so many years which his predecessors failed to do .

Or may be some group couldn't digest the fact that Kumble is that lucky person .:blink:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
SJS, our only bowler who even looked like taking wickets was Kumble, and he had to resort to bowling seam-up in order to achieve this.

Harbhajan was outbowled by Yuvraj, and our pacers were doing nothing on that pitch.

How can anyone honestly plan to win that match, when the greater good (the series) was clearly the main priority? What if Kumble's bowling of seam-up bombed, and he got tonked around the park?

Kumble the captain couldn't rely on his bowling alone, especially of a type he has not done in many years, to achieve a test victory. He played it safe, and India won the series.

Simple.
Should easily be the end of the discussion right here.

sweetlou

Cricket Spectator
yes dravid play in match because he is very good in test matches.. And yes I think Sehwag needs to be back in place of Karthik, especially since we all know how much Sehwag loves to play against Pakistan

Nishant

International 12th Man
yes dravid play in match because he is very good in test matches.. And yes I think Sehwag needs to be back in place of Karthik, especially since we all know how much Sehwag loves to play against Pakistan
The tour is over mate!!! So....um.......:unsure:

Nishant

International 12th Man

Nishant

International 12th Man

Nishant

International 12th Man