• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you share your birthday with a Test cricketer?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Paul McEwan, Brumby? You poor bugger.

I'm exactly 10 years younger than Brian Charles Lara.

Others are:
1901 Bob Wyatt (England)
1910 Laurie Nash(Australia)
1914 Dennis Dyer (South Africa)
1925 David Ironside(South Africa)
1929 Graham Gedye (New Zealand)
1940 Bryan Davis (West Indies)
1955 Ian Callen (Australia)

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Mine is the same date as the day of the tigermoth

Ian Salisbury
Herbie Collins
Gavin Ewing...

Did I mention I am only 2 years younger than Riaz Afridi

Last edited:

Fiery

Banned
Punter. :cool:

Also (who I wasn't aware of):

Nayan Mongia (India)
Rajesh Chauhan (India)
Henry Charlwood (England)
Susil Fernando (Sri Lanka)
Iqbal Sikander (Pakistan)
Paul McEwan (New Zealand)
Charith Senanayake (Sri Lanka)
Mervyn Wallace (New Zealand)

Have to admit to only having heard of Mongia tho. :ph34r:
"Merv Wallace should have been one of the greatest names in New Zealand's cricket history. That he wasn't is largely because of the whims of selectors. Considered by many contemporaries to be one of the best New Zealand batsmen of his generation, he scored all round the wicket, although his cover-driving was particularly notable. He was outstanding in England in 1937, and when he returned 12 years later he ended the tour with 1722 runs at (49.20) - he reached 910 runs in May alone"

archie mac

International Coach
From memory

Les Favell
Richie Benaud
Tony Greig

But alas I seem to remember that 'Tiger' O'Reilly passed away on my birthday one year

pasag

RTDAS
Chopra, who I now feel should certainly open against Australia :p

More interestingly, Dean Jones made his 210 (well 154 of it) in the famous tied Test at Madras before being rushed to hospital, on my second birthday.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Alvin Kallicharran!

New Zealand lost the '92 World Cup semi-final to Pakistan on my birthday. Funny, I can remember crying after that loss, but I don't remember it being my birthday.

Border was busy surviving the last 105 minutes of a Test in Trinidad with the last man Terry Alderman, while I was busy being 5. Waugh took his best Test bowling figures of 5-28 on my birthday, and Australia lost the 2nd Test to India in '98. Gavaskar made his first Test century, but I wasn't born.

Josh

International Regular
July 2

A bunch of people I've never heard of... and then Michael Papps... Oh god.

pup11

International Coach
Mine is on 11th August not sure whether i share my birthday with any of the cricketers.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Cyril Poole, Brun Smith, Robert Samuels, James Brinkley, Denesh Ramdin, Roland Butcher, Dirk Wellham, Clifford Roach, Ivo Francis Walter Bligh, Bernard Julien.

A few historic ODIs happened on my birthday as well, including the Jo'burg one.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
As has been mentioned, Nathan Bracken.

All else in life means nothing. EDIT: Including that on the same date, in 2005 we lost the Ashes, and in 2007 we lost to Zimbabwe.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
As has been mentioned, Nathan Bracken.

All else in life means nothing. EDIT: Including that on the same date, in 2005 we lost the Ashes, and in 2007 we lost to Zimbabwe.
Yeah, sorry to steal your thunder, but I felt it deserved to be the first reply.