• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

who's more aussie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There are weirdos in every breed, I suppose (no offence Pete, but mostly the nice guys such as yourself still hated him).

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know that too, you said it as well.

For me, though, a **** is a ****. The mode of communication doesn't change this.
In some cases yes, that is the case. But it's a sweeping generalisation to say it for every case.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Found him personally someone who I'd never got on with, but you can't deny that he wasn't hilarious at times.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hmm. For me, an idiot's humour is by default defunct. I basically refuse to laugh on principle. And given that there was essentially nothing I liked about Beevs, and several hundreds things I hated, the way I see it I have no business finding him funny, especially when so many of his "jokes" were attempted at my expense.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
You can still find things amusing about him though, or I could at least. I could read his rants about cricket related things all day and never fail to be entertained, even if I thought that the actual content was total rubbish.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Might be Rolleyes-worthy to you, it's fine and upstanding to me (which is why I act in such a way).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You can still find things amusing about him though, or I could at least. I could read his rants about cricket related things all day and never fail to be entertained, even if I thought that the actual content was total rubbish.
Amusing in a "haha, what an idiot" way, sure - same thing true of SW\BLE. But it annoyed me that anyone took him seriously when he tended towards arguing that Gordon Muchall > Michael Vaughan or Stephen Harmison > Matthew Hoggard. And it annoyed me when anyone took SW\BLE seriously too, especially if they knew who he was.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well I read neither the GSF nor battrick, so despite hearing of his good deeds there I've taken no interest in them - my opinion was already formed, TBH.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A bigoted numpty who's been nothing but (and I mean nothing but - every single of his posts in my direction was of a negative tone) unpleasant to me is a bigoted numpty who's been nothing but unpleasant to me IMO, and I honestly couldn't care less whether he helps a few people play some online cricket-management game TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.