• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Abdul razaq retires.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Indeed, and I can guess that some disparaging comment about CC will come now.
CC is a poor standard of cricket and shouldn't count for anything. Division Two shouldn't even be classed as First Class Cricket, inflats the averages of Chris Read's and Hamish Marshall's of the World.

Was that good enough?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
CC is a poor standard of cricket and shouldn't count for anything. Division Two shouldn't even be classed as First Class Cricket, inflats the averages of Chris Read's and Hamish Marshall's of the World.

Was that good enough?
I'll agree with that bolded bit, but tell me that a match involving: Paul Collingwood, Michael di Venuto, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Liam Plunkett, Otis Gibson, John Crawley, Kevin Pietersen, Nic Pothas, Dimitri Mascarehnas, Shane Warne and Daren Powell is 'of a poor standard'. I know I've taken an extreme, but I'd hardly call CC a poor standard.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Too much generalising about English domestic cricket. There is much wrong with it and always has been, but it doesn't mean nothing that happens in it matters in the slightest.

Beleg

International Regular
Pheonixfire,

what is the relevence of county cricket to the point you were trying to make?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That Kaneria has outperformed Warne and is not completely useless.

Anyway, we know he's not completely useless. But he's not as good as Mushtaq or Saqlain, really, in spite of having the advantage of, respectively, a generally decent temperament and being a wristspinner.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
In 1992 or whenever Tendulkar played in County Cricket there were many players who outscored him, doesn't mean they were any good. Success in County Cricket is completely irrelevant here.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
That Kaneria has outperformed Warne and is not completely useless.

Anyway, we know he's not completely useless. But he's not as good as Mushtaq or Saqlain, really, in spite of having the advantage of, respectively, a generally decent temperament and being a wristspinner.
In comparison to Saqlain/Mushy he is and that was the point being made.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In 1992 or whenever Tendulkar played in County Cricket there were many players who outscored him, doesn't mean they were any good. Success in County Cricket is completely irrelevant here.
AWTA. Bowlers will always have a bad series or tournament, doesn't necessarily make them worse than a bowler who had a good series or tournament. Too many different variables involved to make such a judgement, not just wickets and average. Ground conditions, quality of batting, how dependant the team is on that bowler etc.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tendulkar also hardly had a poor season. 38 players out-averaged him, but he still scored at 46.