• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Zimbabwe

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
This is a good chance for all the youngsters looking for a place in the team. Philander could really love the situation. He might be the top Wicket taker in this series IMO

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
This is a good chance for all the youngsters looking for a place in the team. Philander could really love the situation. He might be the top Wicket taker in this series IMO
Wickets are apparently voided of any grass and are currently playing rather low in Zim (at the moment), so Philander’s heavy ‘ball’ wicket to wicket style may indeed be effective.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
South Africa’s squad to tour Zim…

Graeme Smith (Captain)
Gulam Bodi
Loots Bosman
AB de Villiers
Jean-Paul Duminy
Herschelle Gibbs
Albie Morkel
Mornè Morkel
Makhaya Ntini
Vernon Philander
Shaun Pollock
Dale Steyn
Thandi Tshabalala
Johan van der Wath

Mark Boucher is being rested, so AB will keep wicket. Justin Kemp meanwhile misses out for his getting married. Dale Steyn has now been added to the side.
Both squads are still TBA.
Make your mind up! :p

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Make your mind up! :p
The squad wasn’t officially announced until today but I knew the ‘jist’ of the side from the comments Mickey Arthur made earlier on in the week. And the side which was announced today is the same as the one I posted a few days back.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
The squad wasn’t officially announced until today but I knew the ‘jist’ of the side from the comments Mickey Arthur made earlier on in the week. And the side which was announced today is the same as the one I posted a few days back.
Squad just announced but you predicted it 100% well before

Zimdan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Zim squad for this series : -

Brendan Taylor
Vusimuzi Sibanda
Stuart Maksikenyeri
Chamu Chibhabha
Elton Chigumbura
Hamilton Masakadza
Tatenda Taibu
Timycen Maruma
Sean Williams
Keith Dabengwa
Gary Brent
Prosper Utseya
Edward Rainsford
Tawanda Mupawira
Christopher Mpofu
Graeme Cremer

This squad is definatly capable of giving a good game to the Saffers, although we all know it will be a whitewash.

The games are being shown live in SA on supersport. Live commentry is available from Cricinfo from 8:30GMT.

If anyone knows a live internet stream for this game please post it for people unable to watch this game live.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd go with...

Vusi Sibanda
Chamu Chibabha
Tatenda Taibu
Brendon Taylor
Stuart Matsikinyeri
Sean Williams
Elton Chigumbura
Prosper Utseya
Tawanda Mupawira
Gary Brent
Edward Rainsford

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Zim off to a good start, 0/15 after 4.

Any of you guys watching the game?
I usually get a fair bit of South African cricket through Sky Sports, but unfortunately they don't seem to be covering this series.

Pollock makes the first breakthrough and Sibandi goes for 15, Zimbabwe 25/1 after 7.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmmm...this isn't that strong a SA attack tbh, is a real oppurtunity for Zimbabwe to spend time in the middle and too score runs, they'll be looking at anything over 200.